GN's are turds

X2

I do know what my car runs, but when asked, I usually say the same thing.

Otherwise, the BS starts freely flowing from the guy telling me how his uncles-brothers-ex-wifes cousin used to have a Monte Carlo that ran a full second faster "back in the day":rolleyes:
LOL. When I had my NSX people always asked how fast is it. After a couple of times telling folks 167 mph, I realized it's just best to shrug my shoulders because they always had a friend with a car just a little faster.:rolleyes: It's best just to play stupid.

This all started when he asked what it would run in Denver, told him 11.50.
First congrats on the trophy. :cool:
What does your car run, even our turbo cars are affected by the 5800' track? Here in the Denver area there are not that many 11.50 GN's so I can see someone being skeptical - but sheesh calling someone a liar is pretty poor.

First congrats on the trophy. :cool:
What does your car run, even our turbo cars are affected by the 5800' track? Here in the Denver area there are not that many 11.50 GN's so I can see someone being skeptical - but sheesh calling someone a liar is pretty poor.

I lived in Aurora from 1954 untill 1991. Raced the car at Bandimier from '88-91 and used to go back for the Buick event every year. I ran a 12.98 in '01 just befor I went to Reno.Was running 13's when I took 2nd in the MuscleCar Review Mag race in 1989.Was called a lier for that too.Last raced there in '01. I was running 11 something then.I ran mid 10's for several years in Reno and Vegas when I lived there.Reno is 4200'. I heard Mike Gail is running 10 something there.He said they are 15 sec cars and can run 13's pushed at best. He was really out of touch.

Keeping hearing the Sanford & Son theme in my head......

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 485
Look at all those parts on that truck ^^^^^^ you need for your rat rod sixbangr HAHAHAHAAAA.

11.50's at Denver is tough I TOTALLY agree. My 64' with the 464" went 12 teens up there and I can honestly say without fail, Lorens car would stomp a mudhole in it, walk it dry, and turn around and kick sand back in it's face just because. I know he hasn't run there in a while, but it'll run the number. It's that nice ! Trust me !!!! His car sure makes it hard on a die hard V8 guy not to jump ship and chase injected/turbo technology :( .

I would have told him he right, it's a 14 second car and then raced him for some cash. I always tell people my Buick is really slow and a Z06 or similar would probably smoke me....:rolleyes:

This all started when he asked what it would run in Denver, told him 11.50. He flat out called me a lier.

You were a liar. It would run mid 10's. I always tell these types of clowns a time about 2 sec slower than i actually ran then i find out what forum they are on and go over there and torment them.

Our cars lose much less than naturally aspirated "turds" at altitiude. A little more compressor required but thats about it

How fast is it?

"About a car length quicker than yours. Can't scare the rest of the crowd until I take about $500 home tonight."

I would have to say: Never judge a book by it's cover!

Back in the Day (That would be Mid 80's for me) I wanted a newer performance car. Problem was there was not much of anything available between 79 and 86.

I tried the 79 turbo cobra mustang (was ok nuthin special)
I looked at a 85 Monte SS.. told a salesman I was going to look at 85 GN and he said It only has a v-6. My thought was NO WAY. bought the turd monte :( mistake!

My nieghbor (A CHEVY GUY) who is 68 has always had OLD cars (like 1960 and back) has never been in a fast car. My best guess is he has owned all 15 second machines.
My T is NO barn burner but no slouch either. I would love to take him for a turbo blast

I tried the 79 turbo cobra mustang (was ok nuthin special)

told a salesman I was going to look at 85 GN and he said It only has a v-6. My thought was NO WAY. bought the turd monte :( mistake!

LMFAO , but that Turbo Mustang was a 4 banger :tongue: ---

yo shouldve told him "make it three yards mutha f&%^er and we have ourselfs an automobile race" lol love that from 2 lane blacktop

I heard Mike Gail is running 10 something there.He said they are 15 sec cars and can run 13's pushed at best. He was really out of touch.

The Gales had a blue GN (yes it is a GN repainted blue) that is now owned by Pete Westerbrook that I have seen run 10.80's up here. When I let me wife take my car down the track she ran a 13.9x :confused: - maybe that's what the the tool at the show was thinking.

Our cars lose much less than naturally aspirated "turds" at altitiude. A little more compressor required but thats about it

I agree that our cars loose less but there is still a difference - maybe the reason an 11 second GN here can kill most N/A cars. It seems to me one of the main issues is spooling the turbo with 18% less air than at sea level. A car that is on the edge of spooling at sea level will not spool here. Heck I've seen cars that will spool fine at 5000' have a really tough time at 5800'.

My car in Dallas ran high 11's around 115 mph at 17-18 psi boost. Then I cranked it up when I moved to Denver and ran low to mid 11's at 120-125 mph at 24-27psi boost I think (no cage and slow spooling). My best run at Bandimere corrected 1/2 NHRA to 10.90 @ 130. It takes longer to spool up at altitude. Same setup in FL ran an easy 10.9 at 125 mph. Only made one pass in my gray Buick at Bradenton since 2006 (its either broke or being painted).

I agree that our cars loose less but there is still a difference - maybe the reason an 11 second GN here can kill most N/A cars. It seems to me one of the main issues is spooling the turbo with 18% less air than at sea level. A car that is on the edge of spooling at sea level will not spool here. Heck I've seen cars that will spool fine at 5000' have a really tough time at 5800'.

Hey Royal! My car trapping 125mph did destroy many full on race cars at Bandimere because the DA would approach 10,000 ft!!! I even took down every bike I raced there back in the day.

I had that happen once. The best time was at a local cruise in. The car had been 8.30's at 164 at the time. I didn't tell how fast it was. Dude wanted to race in a Monte SS with a stroker motor and a 175 shot. I said OK...

Someone told him my car ran low 5's in the 1/8. He approached and asked me. Rather than lying about it I said yea.......so he called me a liar and that nothing that fast could be driven on the street. So I said bring your 5 stacks or whatever the hell you call it and lets get it on. They backed down but wanted to race a 2400# bracket car on 33x14's on the street:rolleyes: whatever

But. I did end up taking him for a ride. When I rolled into it around 70-80 mph all I could hear over that 94mm turbo was him screaming like a little girl........ oh sh**, oh sh**, oh sh**. He had his right fingers dug into the door and the left fingers dug into console. We almost never got him to turn loose so we could drag him out of the car.

I had that happen once. The best time was at a local cruise in. The car had been 8.30's at 164 at the time. I didn't tell how fast it was. Dude wanted to race in a Monte SS with a stroker motor and a 175 shot. I said OK...

Someone told him my car ran low 5's in the 1/8. He approached and asked me. Rather than lying about it I said yea.......so he called me a liar and that nothing that fast could be driven on the street. So I said bring your 5 stacks or whatever the hell you call it and lets get it on. They backed down but wanted to race a 2400# bracket car on 33x14's on the street:rolleyes: whatever

But. I did end up taking him for a ride. When I rolled into it around 70-80 mph all I could hear over that 94mm turbo was him screaming like a little girl........ oh sh**, oh sh**, oh sh**. He had his right fingers dug into the door and the left fingers dug into console. We almost never got him to turn loose so we could drag him out of the car.

Da Warbird ?????