GN1 Heads- Can you keep A/C?

mzunino

If you are running GN1 heads are you still able to run air conditioning? I have heard you need to get rid of the EGRas well. What else has to go if you step up to these heads.

No problem running a/c. There is not why provisions in the heads.
You should have an intake that matches the heads and also headers that match the exhaust ports.

Yes you can have ac with gn1's.

The egr ports are blocked on the gn1's. So that will not function.

You can have GN-1's w/ AC and a 4" DP, anyone who thinks the heat/ac stuff is crap is just cutting corners

You can have GN-1's w/ AC and a 4" DP, anyone who thinks the heat/ac stuff is crap is just cutting corners

AND.......sweating thier azzes off in the staging lanes and freezing in the winter, too. Driving a GN in 2 ft of snow is GREAT fun with 650H.P on tap.;)

You got a TT chip so no EGR anyway.:wink:

If you are running GN1 heads are you still able to run air conditioning? I have heard you need to get rid of the EGRas well. What else has to go if you step up to these heads.

hellobozos-albums-s-back-2-24-11-picture3350-detailed-motor.jpg

No Problemo......I have what Otto's said, GN1's ,port matched stock intake an Bought Exhuast..but useing A/C with Front Mount IC in 90+ humide Florida weathers frowned apon, But It Works! Blows Cold! 8^)

Enjoy!

AND.......sweating thier azzes off in the staging lanes and freezing in the winter, too. Driving a GN in 2 ft of snow is GREAT fun with 650H.P on tap.;)

Yeah I love it when people run their AC at the track, leaving water at the starting line and down track for everyone. A really good time no doubt. I equilly love watching the winter salt turn my car into swiss cheese. The great part about that is it is lighter every race season. Also in the snow, everyone's Johnson is the same size- 100 or 1,000 hp gets stuck or fishtails all the same.;)

.....I equilly love watching the winter salt turn my car into swiss cheese. The great part about that is it is lighter every race season. .....

Sounds like you're on the same weight reduction program as I am. Every time I start my Buick it leaves a brown spot on the driveway!!!:eek: