Gn1 Fmic

6-Banger

Does anyone run or know of anyone that has the FMIC by GN1 that goes for $599 on Ebay? If so, how nice does it fit and how much gain over a stocker.

i just bought mine and looks to be a good piece, the guy that builds it even calls you to custom fit it to your car. Ill be putting it on this week and ill tell you how it goes. might even snap some pictures if i remember.

pics could be great, if this intercooler is as good as i am thinking, it would be a bargain...

i saw one here in amarillo on a guy's t type and it looked pretty nice to me...:D

fmic

I would love to see some pics. I am either going to buy one of those , or buy one of the $159.99 intercoolers and have a muffler shop make my own pipes(or buy one of the universal pipe kits off of ebay for around $75(comes with T-clamps, hoses and 8 pieces of polished aluminum pipes) I realize I would still have to fabricate the piping but it looks like a steal if someone would want to spend the time.

I'm doing the same thing you were thinking of doing 6-Banger.. I got a used Cotton fmic up pipe off eBay...I'm also going to buy a $165.00 innercooler off ebay too..I'll still half to make the pipe comeing off the turbo going into the cooler ...
but that's nothing compared to spending $500-$800 for just about the same thing and I'm doing this for $280.00.....for everything ;)
I did a search here looking for FMIC and seen alot of homemade ones "Really nice ones too"..just do a search and you'll see what I'm talking about...

Good luck with it....Eric

I took my time and found a used PTE fmic for 500 bucks. Proven performance. Ebay stuff may work like a charm....might not. If it is custom made for a TR they should have some MAT numbers. Check it out and see if they actually have numbers to share. IMO

Looks like a good deal. If this is important to you...the pipes look like they might hang low, see them from the front of the car. Plus it has a 4" core, there is no advantage to a 4" core unless you are going thru the traps at 125+ MPH oh wait your car will run hotter.

sorry i didnt take during pics but here its is the install took about 40 mins including beer breaks. just some prep work is drilling out the hole for the new bolts and removing the braces in front of the radiator. i didnt have to remove anything but the lower defelctors. easy install and the pieces look like there good quality
100_0233.jpg

100_0235.jpg

100_0241.jpg

a local guy here has one, fits and looks good.. pretty simple install, clears the sway bar etc..

sorry i didnt take during pics but here its is the install took about 40 mins including beer breaks. just some prep work is drilling out the hole for the new bolts and removing the braces in front of the radiator. i didnt have to remove anything but the lower defelctors. easy install and the pieces look like there good quality
100_0233.jpg

100_0235.jpg

100_0241.jpg

How low do the pipes hang? Pic please.

Fmic

Let me know how it performs. Were you running a stock unmodified intercooler? I went 12.0 @ 114 on the stocker until I encountered boost creep in 3rd gear, then detonated the motor and the head gasket gave away. I am looking forward to getting my heads back(being ported) then I plan on buying a FMIC before it hits the streets again.