GN v. Honda Civic SI

HI85WH1

Shhh... I've got a Secret
:biggrin:

I had to drive out to Waianae yesterday.. on the return trip, a VERY clean metallic blue civic SI pulled next to me at the light by Honokai Hale.

I look over and nod and he does the same... I figure nothing as the light changes... he shoots off the line?

OK.. It's on!... yes I took him before I shifted into second... but now I realize the car could use a bit more "oomph"

I had a surprise myself last week. This flat black Honda pos came flying around me on the rt 45 exit ramp coming off I-80. He was quick to cut in front of me a steal pole position. I pull up behind him then the light turned green. We both turn heading south on 45. We pulled away from the pack then I was able to switch lanes and get next to him. The light up ahead turned red so we slow down and stooped. I figured I would waste the punk. Light turns green and we both take of lightly then laid into it. I could not believe how this rice-mobile was keeping up. I still took him by about 3 or 4 cars but that with 22 psi boost and alky.
I said the same thing to myself, time for more.

Get an alky kit and crank up the boost! It should have been over before it started.... :D

Get an alky kit and crank up the boost! It should have been over before it started.... :D

*fingers in ears* LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA:biggrin:

Let me change chips and do the requisite fuel system upgrades FIRST...

Slacker! What chip did you decide on?.... :cool:

I dont have a choice right now... I'm using the GN as a DD until the insurance settles with my for the Dually. :frown: :mad:

I "could" drive the SS... but the AC died and I havent bothered to fix it yet (I keep saying I'm going to do it when I do the motor swap...THATs only been a couple of years... ):biggrin:

Thinking of some kind of thumbwheel to give me some variety... (and a little security as well)

Another one?

Tonight... on the way to work...

Silver Civic with carbon fiber hood and trunk... revs at me at the light by Ewa Shopping Center...

WTF?...

I would start going to work on M/T drag radials and up the boost. Just got to watch out for some of the Scubby's out there, can't tell if one is a solid 12 second one or a 14 second car with a novice driver. They all look the same to me.

I would start going to work on M/T drag radials and up the boost. Just got to watch out for some of the Scubby's out there, can't tell if one is a solid 12 second one or a 14 second car with a novice driver. They all look the same to me.

The Suby's are pretty cool... they know what a TR is and ther'es some mutual respect there... I notice they play catch-up and then wave as they cruise slowly by...

It's been the Honda's getting stupid lately...

There are alot of Honda doubters on these forums, I had 13 sec daily driven honda civic Si in 1999, so dont be suprised to pull up on a 12 sec one now. All the need is a B series engine swap and a 75 shot. We have 10-11 sec civics and integras daily driven in street trim that do mid 9s friday nights at the track in slicks. (including an 850 whp 99Si coupe that looks mostly stock)
I like to beat them too, but man, some of them will make you earn it, and some are simply out of reach.

I take it Greg that you'vr never seen Hawaii's Rice culture...

There may be a handfull of truly fast Honda's here but MOST are indeed rice... Fart Cannons, Colorful paint, and big spoilers...

Agreed - Greg, the ricers here are neither fast nor furious.

Wait. I take that back as some of them may be furious because of Guy (BADDGUY6). :eek: :D

Drag Radials and corners dont mix.... LOL...

I still have to make the Ewa offramp to get to work!

*looks in patio for my hoosiers*

A WRX was "taken out" by a Black Buick on Friday night while going up Red Hill.

I would also like to add, that LOST.w/o.HRP was the king of ricer elimination at HRP. Making hot lap after hot lap in his '86 GN, he'd "take them out" one by one on pump gas and street tires. :cool:

Those were the days. It seems like such a long time ago.......

Went to a dyno session in Lansing MI with a local car group. Mostly Honda's. No rice though, just some guys that are into cheap cars to beat on. Honda DelSol (?) 265 FWP with junkyard parts. 285 HP civic, homemade hood scoop junkyard parts, roll cage. The only sticker I saw said "this sticker makes 11 HP" Buy the way they loved our Buicks.