GN stalls tonight need some help

Mystic

hey guys im still new to these cars so please bear with me ....just bought my first GN 87 few months back came with no turbo installed a stock turbo last month car has been running fine since then ...

tonight after a little ride and a fill up of 93 the car dies going around a right hand turn ...and the car starts sputtering then rolls to a stop ...so i crank it over and it dies again ...i finally get the car up running by starting it and holding the gas ...limp it home the 1/4 down the road from my house where it died car is blowing black smoke so i start checking for lose hoses or anything ....so i unplug the MAF and car starts up idles kind of like it did before and CEL is on ....but when i put it in gear same thing car wants to die when you hit the gas but not as bad as before ...so im thinking MAF but before i go out and buy one i want to ask about it ...any ideas?

BTW i dont have a scanmaster or anything bought this car as a project cheap got it up and running and im going to try and sell it ..

H'mm no scanmaster but you want to clean it up & sell it? How you gonna do that with no SM readings? Buy one & sell it with the car for the new owner to have.
Without data how can we guess whats wrong? Could be Maf, coil, module, plugs, wires, TPS, IAC etc etc. At least get the SM so when you sell it you can do so Knowing the car is tuned for the buyer.

just a six , the car is a project fixer upper ...needs some body work i really dont want to go putting parts into a car just to have a buyer beat me up on the price ...

EDIT :looking into buying a scanmaster ...how do these hook up ? and can you tune the car off them ? or is it just to give you info to have a tune done

Installation is easy 1 wire to one of the ALDL ports, power wire, and ground. These are information only can't do any tuning with the device itself, but the info it gives is very valuable and they are worth the money.