GN in chandler

Boosted 86 T

Hey anybody on the board live in chandler with a GN today i was goin through aneighborhood and saw one hangin out in a garage and i was like NICE. that was the first one ive seen around.

chandler, AZ?

Your tag says Mi....

What cross streets? are you sure you weren't in Gilbert? I know of a couple there. I think there are at least a hundred owners here in AZ... I am just guessing though - but a LOT of nice cars for sure.

Almost done with my shop so I can finally get mine in and start the resto...

Vic

yeah i was in chandler not sure what the cross streets were. I work at freeway chevrolet here and i was going to a customers house it was like 5 miles away from here whicch is on I10 and ray. i live in gilbert myself so thatd be cool to meet so people with GNs here. i just moved here about a month ago. I need to update my profile. :cool:

Boosted, welcome to the neighborhood. I live in Queen Creek now, but used to live in Chandler. There are a few TR's lurking around there. A guy in my old neighborhood (Ray and Dobson) had a '87 GN and a '87 T. The GN was an Astro Roof with a single shot exhaust and Outlaw wheels. The T was white and had T tops. The T was decently modded, but hadn't run in years.

MSDGN lives in east Chandler and has a couple TR's.

A buddy of mine lives around Ray and I-10 and has a clean '87 GN bone stock with T tops.

Where in Gilbert do you live? I'm a couple blocks just east of Power and Queen Creek Rd. Us east valley folks will have to get together sometime. Unfortunately my GN is a basketcase right now and supporting my wife and 1 yr old son puts it on the back burner. Talk to you later.

im on Greenfield rd and warner rd. i just need to get my TR here i really miss it and now is the perfect time to drive it. Yeah id like to meet up with some people around the area i think that'd be cool

the one gn i saw i believe is bone stock, my customer said that the guy got it from vegas wtih like 12k on it, looked pretty sweet from where i was, i just passed it while it was in the garage.

Boosted 86 T said:
the one gn i saw i believe is bone stock, my customer said that the guy got it from vegas wtih like 12k on it, looked pretty sweet from where i was, i just passed it while it was in the garage.

Hmmm, I have no idea whose that is. I've run into serveral TR owners around here who do not lurk on the TB boards though.

East side get together is a good idea...but you guys should start going to the Buick Club Days at Speedworld...I know it's a little far but it is a good time...we had one yesterday...great day for racing...only about 5 clubs showed up so lots of room in the pits and could get quite a few runs in...we had about 8 GN's/TR's representing the Buicks...Dick Kearney did us justice...he ran 9.40 at 144 MPH...this is a stock 109 block TSM car...

MSDGN said:
East side get together is a good idea...but you guys should start going to the Buick Club Days at Speedworld...I know it's a little far but it is a good time...we had one yesterday...great day for racing...only about 5 clubs showed up so lots of room in the pits and could get quite a few runs in...we had about 8 GN's/TR's representing the Buicks...Dick Kearney did us justice...he ran 9.40 at 144 MPH...this is a stock 109 block TSM car...

I went once. I have to say it is quite the drive out there. Maybe if I had a trailer for the GN I'd go. It's in poor shape right now and I've promised myself not to drive it again until I rebuild the motor and make it look respectable (which will be a few years at the rate I'm going). I get depressed parking it next to the rest of you folks' cars because I'm embarassed to own a GN in such poor shape. Right now I'm in that point in my life where I finally understand why only middle aged guys have nice cars...Money and Time. Right now I have absolutely no money or time for the GN because I have a wife and 1 year old son to support. Part of me wants to sell the GN, but the money I have in it is worth alot more than it is, so it will stick around and hopefully I'll be able to restore it before all the parts disappear.

Sorry about the rambling. My GN's "health" is a sore spot for me right now. I think the east side folks should get together and bs sometime. Maybe take over one of the small car shows. I believe there is still one going on at Power and Southern.

I understand about the car and family responsibilities...there's also a small car show every Friday night at Lindsay and Warner(Albertsons parking lot)...maybe we can get together there one Friday...

That is not to far from me at all. what time does it usually go on. The only thing is im always working but sometimes i get off early and dont have to work fridays and stuff. Id like to meet some people off the board i think thatd be pretty cool. im going to need some help with my car when i get it here!

I think it basically starts when people get home from work...I've gone there before around 6:00PM...sometimes it's a pretty weak turnout...don't think a lot of people know about it...usually when I go I'm the only TR/GN there...maybe we can work something out where we get at least a few of the Buicks there...

Scott,

Let me know when you go..

I will meet you up there.

We can push one of Garrets cars over there. :)

I should be able to get there after work whenever you all decide to go. The only Friday that I have plans for is Feb 10th. Unfortunately the GN will stay home. :frown:

Hey why does it have to only be about you east side guys? What about us west side guys. What not good enough for you? :tongue: JK!
I'd be interested in meeting some of my fellow TR owners here in the valley. Heck I might even be able to con my dad into bring his GN out. :wink:

Only thing that sucks for me is i work till 9 a lot! and my TR isn't in AZ yet. Maybe i will just drive my monte out for now to meet you fellas.

I will be coming out from the west (79th ave and Deervalley)

Just let me know when guys, I will be there! :)

Boosted 86 T said:
Only thing that sucks for me is i work till 9 a lot! and my TR isn't in AZ yet. Maybe i will just drive my monte out for now to meet you fellas.

No worries. Both my Buicks are out of commission. I can bring my Saab 92X. It's kinda like the WE4 of the WRX world...somewhat rare, but not too many people know about it. ;)