GN and GS Owner, Squamish, B.C., Canada

6staged

Hi all,

As the prompt says, " Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community...".
I've been a Buick enthusiast for more than 30 years. Actually, I haven't owned any other cars which haven't worn the Buick nameplate.
My current rides include a 1971 Skylark GS 455, a 1986 Grand National, and a 1989 Electra Estate Wagon.
I bought my GN from the original owner on July 11, 2007. It had 47,871 kilometers at the time. The car was unmodified, with the exception of BFG P235/60R/15 tires. The original tail-pipes are still intact.
John, the previous owner, had suffered a stroke some months prior, and had a change in his perspective of the future. Seems, he believed there were more fulfilling things to hold dear than a few musclecars. The GN wasn't the only hot ride he sold. For me, I had lost my wife on October 2, 2006. She died of complications, following a heart attack she had experienced a week earlier. We'd been together for 24 years.
I needed to live again. When I first met my wife, Cheryl, we spent plenty of time in my Buick GS, or out on the water in my ski boat. I guess, I am trying to relive those memories. But, most importantly, it's about enjoying life, and not take for granted the finer moments with family, and friends.

Take care,

Nando.

welcome to the board Nando. there is a few BC guys lurking on here...a few lower mainlanders......there is a local GNRA club, pm me if your interested in meeting them.

welcome to the board Nando. there is a few BC guys lurking on here...a few lower mainlanders......there is a local GNRA club, pm me if your interested in meeting them.

Hi Fast4Ward,

Thanks for the welcome. I had been a GNRA member from 1999-2003. I didn't own a GN at the time, but I loved the club's informative newsletter, and some of the members, I had known from the early days of the B.C. Buick GS Club in the 1980s. Really, didn't think I would snag a GN, sometime later.
Met Shaun M., and Geoff C., and a few other GNRA members, last year at a show out in White Rock.
I have a thread started for the All GM Picnic, on July 5th, in this forum. I'll phone Shaun, and see if the clubmembers would like to come out. Also, check out the photos in the link I've already provided.

Talk later,

Nando.

whoa..like those pics...nice Xer...my dream companion to my GN is an apollo white GSX
Hi LIGHTEMUP,

Actually, the 1972 parked beside my GN, is my old car. I owned it from 1982-'92. It's a GS with GSX ornamentation package. Paul P. owns the car, now, and still runs it at Mission Raceway. He runs 13.3s @ 103 m.p.h., in stock trim, with BFG Radial TAs. Those are the same times I ran back in the mid 80s at Seattle Int'l Raceway, and Bremerton Raceway. I did run Hooker " around the frame" headers, and Carter 9800 Thermoquad, on the 455 Stage 1, back then. Traction was an issue, as I was using Goodyear Wingfoots (245x60x14). Currently, Paul is using stock exhaust manifolds, and 800 c.f.m. stock Quadrajet, while running low 13s.
My other performance Buick is a 1971 GS-455. I bought it in November 2007. Sort of wish I had my ol' car back, but Paul is not selling it.

Take care,

Nando.