GN and bov's???

BOV's I feel are a good idea. Granted as stated before when when people hear supra, rx-7, eclipse, etc the thought of the sound made goes through their head. As stated earlier as well a lot of people with "Tuner" cars put a blow off valve on just for the sound effects. I have one on my GN simply to eliminate the air flow when rapidly closing the throttle. However I have one on my Skyline that is used for the external wastegate. I posted a link to the pictures of where and how my BOV is mounted in my GN. Very inexpensive and IMHO worth every sent. Any questions feel free to PM me!

http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/bov.377348/#post-3019363

I'd like to know who has actually worn one out and how many miles were on it. I have 45k on a te44 always over 20psi and no shaft play, haha, whatsoever with no bov.
This topic is still being discussed? :0 Like Ive said, My TA-49 was on 2 other GNs before I got to it. So I had zero clue how many miles were on it when I bolted it on. I put at least 62K (HARD 62K) @19-20PSI myself and there was no evidence of any shaft play or seal failure. Upgraded to a larger turbo and the TA49 is still in use to this day on another car. The TE62 I have on there now has about 12K and still looks brand new...

::BOV MYTH: BUSTED!:: :D -Ben

If I'm upgrading to a $2000 turbo I would rather be safe than sorry. When I do my next turbo I'm going BOV. There are turbos with thousands of miles on them with zero issue. Maybe the bigger turbos need a little insurance where smaller ones may not.

my lil TE-60 musta had 3k turbo snezes ... loved the sound know it was bad for the turbo ... mine did it after ever burnout ... I have one on a TTA because my up pipe had one welded on it when i got it. Ive never had turbo failure do to this