gmp blue chrome T

6-b-kwik

getting back in it
any intrest in this car starting to sell off gmps car is in great shape displayed for awhile then put back in box 300 have the box as well...chrome cars are nice but to me finish always looks funny

IMG_1025.jpg

might be the best gmp production color i think:) you need to see the rare bare metal mold 1st shot cars(or even better a complete unbuilt in bags parts trees of the 1st mold cars run straight from china 1 OF 1 never produced,approved, or sold ever anywhere)...thats just bad a** !!! oh ya...hi and good luck with the sale:)

My vote goes to the Yellow w/flames drag gn we did and second to the rare sage I see lower in your case (the sage is 1 car rarer at 199 compared to the blue chrome also, making it the lowest run of any GMP Turbo Buick). I have told this story to only a few people, but when we did the Black Chrome Centennial GNXs in 2003, we were asked to run a 3 samples in a special new gold chrome color they were doing. We did it and it was too far over the top to say the least, plus, since Buick's Centennial logo was alreasy gold, it faded into the gold chrome color. Everyome laughed at how bright they were, "like christmas tree ornaments." I still have those 3 cars, the only ones in existence. I can post a pic when I get around to it. I would guess that your asking price of $300 is either about right or a hair lower than it is worth. I remember them selling for $500+ at one point. Though collectible prices have taken a significant hit over these past few years, this car is the hardest to find. MTR had it made and more than half were sold to collectors outside the Buick community. All the other rare cars were sold almost entirely within the Buick community, so when they go up for sale, we all know about it. Not true for that Blue Chrome, I can't even remember the last time I have seen one for sale. I have a really nice one stashed away somewhere, but that is all. These are TOUGH, even slightly tougher than the Rare Sage and the Rosewood (199 and 200 respectively). I almost want to offer $250 and resell it lol, but I am not as involved as I used to be.

Hi there TED...whats new with you? im still at it very hard collecting buicks diecast(even REAL RARE buick gmp's in all scales 1/18,1/24, AND 1/43rd) :) i miss the old days of GMP cars coming out every few months!!! talk to ya later ALEX

ya blue chrome is tough to find i paid 375 for this one tears ago!!! i also have the blue one they did with the christmas plate in front!! i miss old days to

Hey it's good to hear from Ted again!

The blue chrome car sure is pretty. Mine's been in the box so long I forgot what it looks like. I bought the pair from MTR when they were first released and remember not being satisfied with the shade of blue on the painted car. Now, the anodized car is a different story.

Good to see some old familiar names on here. I still have all of my GMP diecast Buicks including the "Epitome Exclusives" editions w/ prints and I find it hard to part with them at the moment.

Very fair price. The chrome cars are nice. I bought my blue chrome from a member here for $175 about two years ago. I also have a gold chrome stangklr GN that BYC did that's 1 of 6. Ted I believe I sent you pics of it because I thought it was a GMP car. It's bright but its awesome looking. I now have all the 1:18 and 1:24 cars including all the litho cars. I have Ted to thank for helping me locate some of them.

Hey Chuck, long time no speak, I hope things are going well for you. I feel confident that the Epitome diecast/lithograph sets, with all of the cool artwork, by famous artists and important Turbo Buick history related signatures leave quite a legacy. As more people learn to love Buicks and as sad as it is, as we lose lose some of the historic people (rip Buddy Ingersoll) from the Buick community, the set we compiled speaks for itself...and there aren't that many. I am happy and proud of what we did and I love the set I have for myself as well as the cool prototypes and rare things I got to keep. To me, any of the backyard conversions are kind of a waste, as well as the MTR christmas thing. All the Epitome cars are rare from the factory. It's not some sticker put on the license plate like MTR did, heck, anyone can buy any model and put a sticker on it and call it rare at that point. Same point about the BYC cars. Unless someone gets famous as an artist of some kind for their conversions, they will never be collectible like cars released from the factory. I do also believe you should buy what you like. So if you really like a BYC car, by all means buy it, just don't expect it to be collectible like an unmolested factory car.

I agree 100% with Ted on custom done cars........ i have been very lucky to meet and deal with some of the old GMP guys and pick up some VERY rare stuff :) has anyone ever seen a gmp complete(intacted) parts tree sets for a line of gmp cars(bare metal) still 100% factory in the plastic bags from china? The rarest gmp item EVER i believe...... and on top of that a 1/43rd scale turbobuicks which never were produced or created. thanks to GENERAL MOTORS. one day Ted we need to chat(call anytime) about our gmp collections like the old days when i'd call to dig info from ya on what buicks next and how to buy them all!!! thanks for getting many cool 1/18th gmp's produced!!!! ALEX

I agree 100% with Ted on custom done cars........ i have been very lucky to meet and deal with some of the old GMP guys and pick up some VERY rare stuff :) has anyone ever seen a gmp complete(intacted) parts tree sets for a line of gmp cars(bare metal) still 100% factory in the plastic bags from china? The rarest gmp item EVER i believe...... and on top of that a 1/43rd scale turbobuicks which never were produced or created. thanks to GENERAL MOTORS. one day Ted we need to chat(call anytime) about our gmp collections like the old days when i'd call to dig info from ya on what buicks next and how to buy them all!!! thanks for getting many cool 1/18th gmp's produced!!!! ALEX

Hey Alex,
Do you have any pictures of the 1/43 scale turbos? I'd love to see some pics of any of the impossible to get stuff.
Thanks, Brian

290 shipped.....sorry for last pm i got some much for sale i forget whats what thxs greg

any takers!! going threw lotta stuff wanny give guys a shot before the ebay game which i hate!!!