GM G-Body Performance Upgrades - New Book by Joe Hinds - Fact Checking

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Guys and Gals,
I just got my copy of this newly released book. It is great!! It cover chassis upgrades, suspension upgrades, and LS engine install very thoroughly. Plus our very own super salesman (GNS), Scot W, beautiful and wickedly fast white TR is on the cover!!!

It does appear to have one error. Page 67 indicates that we can use Type II power steering pump designed for Corvette LS3 applications. Email convesations with Chris at Jones RacingProducts and our own Charlief1 tells me that, while it looks the same, it isn't because our pumps run opposite direction from all the other Type II pumps. The clue that tipped off Chris was our pumps don't have a grooved pulley...ours are smooth and the "back" of our serpentine belt runs the pulley. Every other commonly available application utilizes the common grooved pulley. Smooth pulley indicates pump is a reverse-rotation unit.

Does anyone out there have different information?
Conrad

what is the supposed benefit of the LS3 pump, other than being able to brag about having a Corvette part on your car?

Says it can be used on LS installs, that TR already has this pump, and that it can use a remote reservoir with several companies making various remote reservoirs. Doesn't mention the reverse rotation of the TR pump.
Conrad
ps...it really is a great book. Can order through Scot W at GNS.

Can't order the book through me, it must be ordered through Amazon.. However the link to purchase it is in my thread.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Scot,
Sorry about that. I was trying to give you a plug.
Conrad

Scot,
Sorry about that. I was trying to give you a plug.
Conrad
I understand Conrad, i just didn't want people calling me asking to place an order for the book..

BTW: The new a-arms came in yesterday and will be installed this weekend..I will keep you posted...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I didn't think about everyone calling you. I assumed they would go to your web site. Sorry about that.

Looking forward to your feedback on the new arms!!!
Conrad