Global West tubular lower control arms & Del-A-lum bushings

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
Anybody have any experience with Global West rear tubular lower control arms with Del-A-lum bushings? I am interested in hearing any comments & experiences, pro and con.

Wells said:
Anybody have any experience with Global West rear tubular lower control arms with Del-A-lum bushings? I am interested in hearing any comments & experiences, pro and con.

I have the del/ solid bushing version, they work fine, the only reason I spent *that* much money on them, was because they were used, and reasonably priced. Boxed stockers, with properly set up poly have worked for me in the past.

Thanks for the input. I know that they are pricey, but they are the only ones that I know of out there for sale that use del-a-lum bushings and the spherical bearing set-up. They do for all practical purposes, allow for articulation.

Edelbrock and Currie both have lower control arms with spherical bearings at the frame. These sphiricals are set in a poly and will not have the harsh ride of an all metal heim joint. I have the Curries on my GSX and they work great. I am going to put the Edelbrocks on my GN.

According to edelbrock's application guide on their website, the really nice spherical bushing set in poly are not available for most of the cars, only 2 part #'s are set-up that way.

Too bad for Edelbrock then. I have Curries on my 70 and am very happy with them. I like the rectangular armsbetter because they look like stock but would go with round to get the spherical ends. Edelbrock prices on there upper arms were better than Curries and looked identical. Hope they expand the offering.

I have these control arms but not yet installed. I'm now searching for a rear sway bar, will an ATR fit , is it a side or bottom mount, or do I need something else?

HotAirGN said:
I have these control arms but not yet installed. I'm now searching for a rear sway bar, will an ATR fit , is it a side or bottom mount, or do I need something else?

ATR bar fits just the factory bar, just massive in size. You'll like it.

I have them on a 94 Buick Roadmaster wagon.Delum bushings on the upper and lower control arms.I also have Hotchkis springs and Bilstein shocks.The ride is stiff and good on a smooth road like a highway.Hitting bumps is harsh-but the handling is unbelievable.You can take a control arm with a delum bushing and swing it up and down with no binding at all.I also have BFG KDWS tires on Impala SS rims,so that can contribute to a rougher ride.You will definitely have the best possible handling with these bushings but your ride quality on bumpy roads will suffer.

I have em. I think they are great. I think that a big ball joint like this should be encapsulated in nylon instead of poly. They are quiet, they eliminate bind, and there is no downside due to a hard ride. They are pricey, but I believe they are the best. And they are beefy. If you get them for a factory swaybar, you will have to locate and drill your holes. I use them with Edelbrock adjustable uppers, which also have a nylon/ball "johnny joint". No noise from the rear. The front however.......... :rolleyes: