General Lee - restoration of # LEE 1

Cool story. A little overdone on the resto but what do I know. Any bets as to when this car shows up at Barret-Jackson in the future?

Cool write up. The video's bring back memories and I remember that commercial. When I was a kid I loved that show. I was also too young to really "appreciate" Daisy Duke. Wow she was HOT.:eek: Thanks for the memories.

very nice... i enjoyed reading that. as i still watch the dukes of hazzard today

when are they going to remake the a-team?i heard the original van sits rusting behind univesal....i just got this van for $500 and painted it and added wheels,was kinda thinking of adding the stripe,not sure tho...i know it needs the spoilers and fin..also a big nasty push bar:D ....i thought the a-team was pretty good for its time and im guessing they will remake it someday...

Attachments

• Picture_318.jpg
    Picture_318.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 682
  • Picture 326.jpg
    Picture 326.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 579
  • Picture 325.jpg
    Picture 325.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 596
I loved when the Charger was getting chased by Rosco and sidekick Flash ( hound ), you just knew there was a bridge out somewhere .
How many of you just got your licence around that time.? That was drivers education for me and my buddies. ( e-brake and "rockford" 180s as well as drifting on dirt and asphalt way before those rice cars made it popular ) I wrecked my merc "Vomet" ( unibody bent ) an AMC Hornet Wagon ( no loss there ), 75ish Datsun 200sx ( big air time with that one ) and 75 pontiac lemans ( clear cut 80' stretch of forest , still drove it ) in just over a year around when that show was on. ( I lived in a remote part of Nortern Ontario back then , no one but I was at risk of getting hurt on the deserted logging roads )
Thankfully that show did not have a major infuence me:wink:
I think it was Daisy who made a man outta me.. if ya know what i mean:D