Gear Vendors Overdrive th400 Add OD to your 3spd

no thanks. It'd have to have lsX or t56 specific. I already have replaced or have everything else I need for the car! thanks

I'm interested....where are u located? How old is it? Any idea what the power rating is on it?

I don't want to answer for the selleror get in the way of the seller but I have had a couple of GV's and they are stought. I believe they rated them for 1ooo hp stock but they can easily be upgraded to take much more. Almost all of the fast drag week cars run a GV including the ones in the 6's at over 200mph so they can take it! There is a guy in CA that can rebuild them if ever needed for $600 and comes with a 2 year unlimited mile warranty. If I had not just bought a built 200r4 for my GN I would be all over this. The price is very fair considering they are almost $3k new.

This unit was pre- automated electronics.. It relies on you manually applying or taking away power from the engagement solenoid. You can activate it while driving, between gears..after 3rd ends...or leave it in OD all the time. I was just gonna hood a mushroom type switch to my shifter to pull in and out while driving. I'm sure you could buy the automated shifting if you really wanted to, but dont think it'd make that much difference. I prefer the manual control. What Steve has said about the units toughness is true based on my research. It shouldnt need anything but intall and a switch. I bought it as a working unit

The electronics can be had pretty cheap. Maximum Overdrives sells a new electonics kit for less than $200. You can just use a switch to engage it and that works fine but it is important to note that you have to disengage the OD once you get below 30mph because the pump is driven off the transmission output shaft and once you get below 30 mph the pump is not spinning fast enough to have the needed pressure for the clutch. If you start and stop with the unit engaged it will smoke the clutch. The electronics automatically disengage the unit below 30mph and automatically engages the O/D at 50mph unless you have it in manual then you control the O/D with a swtich(usually a old school type floor mounted dimmer switch) but it disenages the O/D below 30mph in manual or auto mode to keep the unit safe.

21009 MD- sorry for not including it- fixed now! Thanks again Steve for the info. I know a bit about this unit, but I'm not an expert by any means.