FWD "turbo 3800" GTP runs 10.38 @136mph!!! *Video*

Originally posted by ttypewhite
Enough of the fag talk already.
:eek:
That is just too funny. You know, with everybody trying to be "PC" about homosexuals in all.

Sorry, I'm still laughing.

Ryan

What's also impressive is it looks like the engines bottom end is still stock:eek: or they ain't listing it in their mods on their website. Imagine if they would have made this a RWD engine;)

I guess I won't need injectors for a while - they're running the Siemens 60# injectors in that thing.

Jim

Originally posted by CHARGED
What's also impressive is it looks like the engines bottom end is still stock:eek: or they ain't listing it in their mods on their website. Imagine if they would have made this a RWD engine;)

They list their 8.0:1 race short block....

http://www.intense-racing.com/Merch...n=PROD&Product_Code=SBA-xxx&Category_Code=PBF

"First we take a stock Series II 3800 short block and disassemble and clean it completely. We switch to the much stronger, hot-forged L32 connecting rods and diameter fit and rebuild them with custom ARP rod bolts. The crankshaft is polished and the bellhousing machined for an extra oil feed. The rear oil galley is drilled and tapped for an NPT fitting and oil return holes are drilled into the lifter valley. The balance shaft is removed and it's oil feed hole is drilled, tapped and plugged. Custom ARP head studs are installed and the cylinders are bored to .010" oversize. Then a competition hone job is performed using the INTENSE custom-fabricated align bore hone plate.

Custom ARP main studs are installed and main bore sizing is checked. The block is washed for assembly and built with Diamond custom 8.0:1 or 9.5:1 forged pistons with moly coated skirts and ceramic coated tops. The entire rotating assembly is then 50% balanced and the piston pins are pin-fit. Special ring end gaps are cut and a custom Total Seal chrome moly ring set is installed. Finally, new Clevite 77 rod and main bearings are installed and clearances are checked."

Still impressive for a stock block and crank!

They are also running an Escalade Maf, 85mm? Is that compatible with out current LT and LS 1 translators?

I hate when I see honda civics that like to have sex with other honda civics.:D

My saab likes a good frolic with a range rover every now and then.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by 86brick
Kenny, do you happen to know if this car is full weight/full interior? If so that makes it even more impressive!

Not full, but a lot of it is still there.

The car is a race car, but they have some fast street cars too.

Friend who works there has a four door GTP that's been mid-low 11's @ 118... and that was on the stock blower.

He's shooting for 10's this year, full weight, full interior, no cage.

They also have a Bonneville SSEI shop car that has been high 11's, and it's a full street car.

All of their cars and products are impressive. It always cracks me up to see how the turbo Buick community reacts to cars that aren't Buick's, normally a bunch of hatred. Kind of sad, really.

Edit: and for you 86brick, a good amount of pictures and info on the car,
http://www.intense-racing.com/GTP/TurboGP.html

Enjoy. :)