Fuse problem

Jseverin

The Cig/clk fuse in my 87 GN keeps blowing even after disconnecting the lighter and radio as suggested on previous threads. Does anyone know of some other common culprits I can check out before giving in and paying the repair shop to check it out?

That fuse goes all over the place:

Cig-Clk: antenna relay, AC control head, radio capacitor, security indicator, chime module, instrument cluster (digital), radio, cigar lighter, glove box light, engine compartment light, footwell courtesy lights, power door locks, dome lights, trunk lights, vanity mirror lights. These circuits used an orange wire for power supply.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I had that same fuse blowing on me a while back . . . The second I put a fuse in, it blew. Let me tell you, the energy converted into heat to blow a 20 amp fuse is no joke.

I started operating $### with a gizmo i build including a light bulb, a toggle switch and a rezetting fuse.

While the fuse panel does not indicate "windows", it does power the windows. RmvBfrFlght is dead on.
My short was in the door.

You have to narrow it down to part of the circuit, meaning operate stuff till it blows the fuse. Hope this helps and good luck.

I don't know if the trunk light is on that circuit or not but I had that wire break right behind the back seat a couple weeks ago and it could easily have gone to ground as well.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app