Fuel Pump for 800+ Wheel HP E-85

Talked to a friend of mine running twin Bosch 044 pumps. He goes high 8's in a 1/4 with a civic on 95% alcohol so the pumps are doin the job. Any input or success stories on the dual Bosch set up?

Talked to a friend of mine running twin Bosch 044 pumps. He goes high 8's in a 1/4 with a civic on 95% alcohol so the pumps are doin the job. Any input or success stories on the dual Bosch set up?

Okay enough of this....
I have seen three setups posted for you and still are searching? Your horsepower goal does not allow for trying to get away with the cheapest fuel system. You need to pony up and pay to play or stick to the 400rwhp level. I know you see the guys pushing stock type parts to the edge, but it happens that way unintentionally. Grumpy, Gabby Rojas, John Pologi(sp), Walt Judy, Jason White, and Manny B.(the TSO car on E-85) all got there by constantly pushing what they had harder. They don't plan out a combo with a weak point from the start.

Okay enough of this....
I have seen three setups posted for you and still are searching? Your horsepower goal does not allow for trying to get away with the cheapest fuel system. You need to pony up and pay to play or stick to the 400rwhp level. I know you see the guys pushing stock type parts to the edge, but it happens that way unintentionally. Grumpy, Gabby Rojas, John Pologi(sp), Walt Judy, Jason White, and Manny B.(the TSO car on E-85) all got there by constantly pushing what they had harder. They don't plan out a combo with a weak point from the start.

$900 for a fuel pump is insanity. Who doesn't want the cheapest most effective method? Yea i can go 10's by buying a $200K ferrari, but i can do it just as easily with a $8k notch mustang. There is more than one way to skin a cat here. Just shopping around. Ive been 10's with my car plenty of times and made well over 400hp. This is my 2nd build. Don't preach to me about paying to play. Did that the first time and still had huge problems. Aeromotive A1000 dropping off fuel pressure around 30lbs. And that was the pump EVERYONE told me to go with. My friend went through the A1000 to twin A1000's to the eliminator and had nothing but problems. Went to the dual bosch and smooth sailing. SO, its the Weldon which i really will have to be half in the bag to click the buy it now button, or the dual bosch set up. Untill i hear a negative or pros and cons relating the two, obviously the sale goes to the low bidder. Just because they are cheaper doesnt mean its a "cheap" set up.

I got the pump & the controller for $700 (used)....they pop up on ebay and other car forums for sale. i agree, I think it would've cost me $1400 new for all this stuff..they are pricey. Weldon will also rebuild them if needed.

Pump and controller? This pump requires a controller on top of the out of town price? You have a link i can check it out?

Thanks

The Weldon controller is "recommended" if your going to use the car for a lot of street use because it slows the pump down when just driving normally...prolonging life & keeping it cool. It's not mandatory. I chose Weldon for one reason, their the best...I opted for going used to save some $$ but I have an absurd amount of $$$$ in my car and I just feel better knowing I did the best I feel I could have to feed it plenty of fuel from a very trustworthy source. If it's not your taste, so be it...their are other pumps out there for sure.

After all the E-85 fuel systems I have seen that weren't up to the task (LOTS of them), Weldon is the only electrical pump I will recommend at this point. When I see something that works better, I'm sure I will change my opinion

Walbro has a new E85 compatible pump - http://www.z1motorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=6403

This pump is rated at 416lph. I have two of these in the tank of my 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution. That system consists of two Walbro 416s, -8 to the front of the car (rail), a set of ID2000 injectors, and a -6 return. Many Evo guys will run only a -6 to the rail which is still enough line to support 800awhp. So far, I've made just uner 800rwhp with my car.

Attachments

• Evo Dyno 3.jpg
    Evo Dyno 3.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Evo Dyno 2.jpg
    Evo Dyno 2.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 95
Walbro has a new E85 compatible pump - http://www.z1motorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=6403

This pump is rated at 416lph. I have two of these in the tank of my 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution. That system consists of two Walbro 416s, -8 to the front of the car (rail), a set of ID2000 injectors, and a -6 return. Many Evo guys will run only a -6 to the rail which is still enough line to support 800awhp. So far, I've made just uner 800rwhp with my car.

Thanks but i want an in line with a cell. Im sure i could make what you have but i think im going with the Weldon. Nice numbers with the EVO!

Time to start saving... again. Thanks everyone. I wish i had the $ to buy all of them and bench test all the set ups. Thanks again

Have you ever heard anyone regret they bought the more expensive part. If the weldon has issues, they fix it. If the bosch has problems, you buy another one. If you buy the cheap pump and it isn't enough, you'll still have to buy the more expensive weldon, but now you'll have a used bosch pump nobody will want to buy. Should I keep going?

Have you ever heard anyone regret they bought the more expensive part. If the weldon has issues, they fix it. If the bosch has problems, you buy another one. If you buy the cheap pump and it isn't enough, you'll still have to buy the more expensive weldon, but now you'll have a used bosch pump nobody will want to buy. Should I keep going?

Yea you can hear me complain about the $13,000 set up that went in the garbage after 100 miles and one track day. All new all the best parts. I've had this car since 2004 and have put about 20 grand in parts and machining into it and it has not run correctly one time. Not even for five minutes. Maybe that will clear up why I don't want to get the most expensive badass part available in comparison to something that works and will get my car running. I've been throwing money at this thing forever and that doesn't seem to work.

Board member "Final Answer" is swapping his 2025 for a 2345. I'm not sure how much he wants for it.

Cal I think I would need the 2035 rated at 900hp rather then the 2025 rated at 800. These are ratings at the motor correct? In the case I would like to build for 800rwhp I would want at least the 900hp rated pump I think. You know way better then me. I know it's never a bad thing to overbuild. This price thing is just really discouraging me. Thanks for the tip about the pump for sale!

Twin Bosch 044' s at 70 psi provide about 68 gph each, or 136 gph total. That's enough for roughly 1000 fwhp on E85 with no voltage boost. The pro-series 044 is about 72 gph each or 144 gph total.

Wouldn't an Aeromotive Eliminator handle 800hp?
Conrad

I'm not a big fan of Aeromotive pumps on boosted applications. The flow chart I saw showed 600#@70psi which would work out to just over 800 FLYWHEEL hp on E85. Not enough for 800 rwhp. If you need to run 30 psi of boost or 80 psi of fuel pressure, you're under 700 rwhp.

After all the E-85 fuel systems I have seen that weren't up to the task (LOTS of them), Weldon is the only electrical pump I will recommend at this point. When I see something that works better, I'm sure I will change my opinion

Cal,

What Weldon pump? Stock lines or not? Your opinion, how far can stock lines get you on E85?