Fuel Pump for 800+ Wheel HP E-85

87we410877

I am looking for an in line pump capable of handling 800+ HP to the wheels and 35 lbs of boost on E-85. On a chip or FAST is still up in the air. I have an A-1000 and was dropping off pressure making only about 600 HP at 30 lbs. I am not happy with aermotive in general. I cant seem to find anything out there. I hear good things about dual bosch pumps but cant seem to locate them.

What are my options? I cannot afford to have an issue again. My new set up is a Stage 2 block, all forged inside, champion ported heads bla bla bla. I would prefer not to break this motor.

Thanks!

Nick Micale sells a DW pump that will work.

Also Racetronix has a new E85 pump coming out after beginning of the year.

CGASTON said:

The DW is a good piece and i run one, but, 800hp on e85 is a stretch even at 15.5v

Do you have a link or anything like that with specs?

Keep in mind the pump needs to be rated for over 1000 HP since they are rated at the motor. Not wheels.

I am looking for an in line pump capable of handling 800+ HP to the wheels and 35 lbs of boost on E-85. ................What are my options?............ My new set up is a Stage 2 block, all forged inside, champion ported heads bla bla bla. I would prefer not to break this motor.......Thanks!

From my limited experience with E-85, and being reliable at 800 HP, you need a complete new fuel system, pump, lines, tank, fuel rails and other supporting items.

Expect to spend 3K+ just for the parts. :eek:

A local GN on E-85 with 2 DW in-tank pumps running together at 60 psi base pressure, new and larger lines including fuel rails, remote regulator, and 14+ volts dyno'ed at 476 HP and 518 torque.

This was at 21 psi and the fuel system was at max.

If I was wanting 800 HP on E-85, I would probably do the best in-tank pump or 2 to supply the fuel to an auxiliary tank with a 1100 HP submerged Aeromotive pump. Also, the return line would feed to aux tank.

No way in hell would I depend on any 2 in-tank pumps or a hanger to supply your fuel needs at that level. You will need a 5/8" [-12 AN] line to just supply the rails. :rolleyes:

It takes a ton more fuel at that level than race gas to make your kind of power and be reliable. :)

From my limited experience with E-85, and being reliable at 800 HP, you need a complete new fuel system, pump, lines, tank, fuel rails and other supporting items.

A local GN on E-85 with 2 DW in-tank pumps running together at 60 psi base pressure, new and larger lines including fuel rails, remote regulator, and 14+ volts dyno'ed at 476 HP and 518 torque.

If I was wanting 800 HP on E-85, I would probably do the best in-tank pump or 2 to supply the fuel to an auxiliary tank with a 1100 HP submerged Aeromotive pump. Also, the return line would feed to aux tank.

No way in hell would I depend on any 2 in-tank pumps or a hanger to supply your fuel needs at that level. You will need a 5/8" [-12 AN] line to just supply the rails. :rolleyes:

It takes a ton more fuel at that level than race gas to make your kind of power and be reliable. :)

This is my dilemma. Everyone is making this power with stage two no problem. The other half on E-85 running successfully. But i don't see anyone really running big numbers on E-85. I absolutely refuse to go back to race gas paying $$$$ for fuel especially on a leisure vehicle.

I have some time to put a build together. I have a -8 feed -6 return A1000 and aermotive regulater. I will put a -10 feed with a -8 return and upgrade the regulator and rail. And of course 150lb injectors. I can deal with 700+ RWHP if the build prooves to be more costly than building a space ship. I just want to over build.. one and done type deal.

Weldon makes one but its freakin $1300!!! Jesus!!! How are these EVO's going 8-9's on E-85!!! i think imports are always ahead and i feel like a neanderthal trying to figure out how its done. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks nick!!

http://www.weldonracing.com/product/20-20/2345-A__(-12_inlet_and_-10_outlet).html

What size injectors?

I am looking for an in line pump capable of handling 800+ HP to the wheels and 35 lbs of boost on E-85. On a chip or FAST is still up in the air. I have an A-1000 and was dropping off pressure making only about 600 HP at 30 lbs. I am not happy with aermotive in general. I cant seem to find anything out there. I hear good things about dual bosch pumps but cant seem to locate them.

What are my options? I cannot afford to have an issue again. My new set up is a Stage 2 block, all forged inside, champion ported heads bla bla bla. I would prefer not to break this motor.

Thanks!

What type of fuel tank are you running?

I have some time to put a build together. I have a -8 feed -6 return A1000 and aermotive regulater. I will put a -10 feed with a -8 return and upgrade the regulator and rail. And of course 150lb injectors. I can deal with 700+ RWHP if the build prooves to be more costly than building a space ship. I just want to over build.. one and done type deal.

I'm 10 feed split to 8's w/ a 8 return....capable of the horsepower u are after. I run a Weldon 2035 with no problems ever.

I'm 10 feed split to 8's w/ a 8 return....capable of the horsepower u are after. I run a Weldon 2035 with no problems ever.

I looked right over that one. Looks good to me. It says its a -12 in and -10 out. Do you simply use reducer fittings right off the pump? How is your whole set up plumbed? Just wondering if that will have an affect on flow.

I have a cell in the trunk and the Weldon mounted down where the spare tire use to be...it is actually -12 for a few feet between the cell and the feed side of the pump then exits -10 from there all the way to the front of the motor where it hits a Y block then reduces to -8's feeding into the fronts of the champ rails. I then simply exited w/ -8's out the back to a regulator and -8 back to the cell

I have a cell in the trunk and the Weldon mounted down where the spare tire use to be...it is actually -12 for a few feet between the cell and the feed side of the pump then exits -10 from there all the way to the front of the motor where it hits a Y block then reduces to -8's feeding into the fronts of the champ rails. I then simply exited w/ -8's out the back to a regulator and -8 back to the cell

Thanks. That makes sense. I'lll probably so the exact same thing. Very helpful. Too bad the pumps are so expensive but.. you wanna play you gotta pay!!! Thanks again!!!

I got the pump & the controller for $700 (used)....they pop up on ebay and other car forums for sale. i agree, I think it would've cost me $1400 new for all this stuff..they are pricey. Weldon will also rebuild them if needed.

I have made just over 800rwhp on E85 in my TTA with an Aeromotive Pro-Series pump for two seasons now. The picture is the old setup which was an Eliminator pump. Now it has -12 feeding Pro-Series pump, -10 to the front of the car, and -8 to the rails, 160lb injectors. There is a lot more fuel available if I turn up the boost.

Attachments

• fuel pump TTA.jpg
    fuel pump TTA.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 229