fuel filter bung up

z1huggy

Looks like I"ve got a 4in metal line from metal fule line fitting to a rubber hose coming from the fuel filter towards the front of tha car. Then its 30 inches or so of rubber line then back to steel tube again.

Now my question,

I plan on replacing the rubber line with steel tubing but wonder if having rubber hose and clamps on two sections of the fuel line is a problem? Certainly easier for me though

Also, with the fuel filter/steel fuel line frozen can a filter made for a push on rubber hose/clamp setup be used? reason I ask is that the fitting llooks round :eek: and I'm sure will be quite the pain to get off, and if I do, not worth the effort of putting back on due to the condition of it.
In a older thread someone did replace the stock fuel filter with one they used with rubber hose and clamps. Anyone done this and can share a filter part#?

Thanks,

Oh, can anyone make the snow go away? :D

Purolator has fuel filters with tubes out of them for rubber lines.

Same size as stock.

They have them with one rubber fitting but you have to make sure of the flow direction since they have them with the connections on either end.

Also have them on both ends for when you have a really bad day. ;)

Another alternative is to use a fuel line repair end that will still screw into the stock filter and leave you with a 2-3" hard line you can couple a hose with.

I have rubber line and some braided steel teflon line on my car and lots of little fuel injection hose clamps. Work fine and they will drip a bit I would assume long before a major problem occurred although I have never had one do that.

Wish I could say the same thing for the hard metal lines that like to sprout geysers when they let go. :eek: :rolleyes: