Fuel Economy for your Turbo Regal, getting 17.6 MPG here...

Mileage

Guys,
I have an 87T with 144,000 miles, and stock- with the exception of 42.5 injectors,
non-lock converter, and a chip. I get consistent 20 mpg on the highway here in the
hills of East Tennessee. I'd guess that number would go up with flat ground and a lock-up...

Gary Tarwater
Kodak, Tennessee

I'm remembering that time, I remember getting good mileage. I don't remember exactly what though.

The car would have been built as follows
baby roller cam (204/204 .480 lift, I was gun-shy after my billet 206 failed)
ported irons
PT6152 turbo
stretched stock IC
60lb injectors
MAF translator Pro.
Stock/original shortblock otherwise.

Bob

My junk has the following

ATR roller cam (212)
ported irons
stock turbo
stock IC
60lb injectors
stock MAF with Bailey Chip
stock gears with 255/50/16 tires

Maybe it is time for the Fuel Miser...
FUELMiser Reduces Fuel Consumption and Greenhouse Emissions

with a stockish setup I got 20-24 driving 75 mph. This was consistently repeated and 95 percent hwy as I was driving first from northern michigan to VA beach and then from VA beach to San Diego. I had two MASSIVE Header cracks on both of those trips so i'm sure that didn't help. Best I ever got was 26 or 27 mpg(27.x actually rings a bell) driving from Phoenix to San Diego. There are mountains on that trip and I was driving about 55 mph the whole way as I was having tranny issues.

Mine seams to get around 25 mpg highway running 60-65.It only got 20-21 when it was newish factory stock.I'm really happy with combo.

I have no idea what mileage I get and to be honest, I know it's not great in the city but I don't really care lol. If I wanted a eco car, I wouldn't have bought it to begin with lol

with the...

86 gn, 21-26 depending on the boost level. 1800+ round trip. 75 to 85mph.
14-15 mpg w/87, 700+miles. 212 roller, TA/se race ported heads, and champion intake w/70mm tb. n/l 3.5k stall.:cool:

Haven't checked with the new cam but I averaged 18mpg mixed driving with a few full throttle stomps, and I used to peak around 24mpg running through a full tank with 22mpg being a lot more common for a full highway tank. I drive my car 10,000 miles per year and keep a lot of records.

Thanks Mateo, please update me when you have your new cam numbers.

When my car is getting good milage I am not having fun;) Oh this will make your day up here in the great white north we are paying $5.24 a US gallon:eek:Can I come live down their;)

Kevin

BTW I filled up today and it was $77.00

Bob,

Is there a way to display real time fuel mileage on the scan master or power logger?

I recently got 20-21 mpg on a road trip to LA. Running 70-75 mph. I noticed the best mileage was obtained when my vac gauge was reading 16-20. Need to replace all my vac lines then should see an increase in mpg (?) especially around city as thats somewhere between 13-15 mpg

22mpg all around driving when new

18mpg highway after mods including 42.5lb injectors,

now with 72lb injectors, loading fuel from 55gal drum it's hard to tell,
but I can pretty much watch the needle move towards empty!

What kind of fuel economy are you guys getting with your cars?

This is with 90% freeway driving and no full throttle or gunning it, just simple commuting.

I've discovered your problem, it's where you live. Freeway driving and commuting is not the same in other areas as it is there. Normally, people go maybe 45-60mph where as you might go 5-6mph. Frankly, I'm supprised you're getting 17. ;)

I get 25mpg highway with mine. MaxEffort (ME-R), 224/224 roller, 83# injectors, FMIC, 70 series turbo, Champion aluminums, Vigilante locked, 275/50/15's @26psi all the time. Full weight car, no deletes of anything.

I did 19mpg combined with the combo in the sig last July travelling over 500kms. And, yes the car has a lean cruise tune.