Front clip or not

carolinaturbo

Hey guys. Finally got some time to start my conversion from hot air to 87(all parts from Brian Gbody.com). I read that some guys where removing ft clip and some where knuckle busting it with just fender removed. Just looking some past experiences from other GN lovers. Thanks

waste of time as far as I am concerned. Do you know how to line up fenders and the hood so they fit an look right. It can be like unfolding a map then try an fold it back up :p

Is there a way to pull the whole clip so I don't have to adjust it?

you can but it isn't easy especially if ya havent done it before BUT IF ya did that ya still have to line up fenders. Time is a wasting !!! What I would do is disconnect the hood shocks so ya can open the hood all the way.. Gives ya a ton of extra room.

Is it like my s10. I pulled the whole rad support attached to fenders. Just had to Aline the rear fenders back to cowl?

I pulled my pass fender off to replace the power att. I about never got it back right. Good luck with what you are thinking about

I pulled my pass fender off to replace the power att. I about never got it back right. Good luck with what you are thinking about

And that was uneccessary - when all you had to do was loosen the back bolts and slide it out.

Hey guys. Finally got some time to start my conversion from hot air to 87(all parts from Brian Gbody.com). I read that some guys where removing ft clip and some where knuckle busting it with just fender removed. Just looking some past experiences from other GN lovers. Thanks

In the time it took for the this thread to form - you could have has the motor pulled by now.
Earl , and the rest assume you are keeping the long block unopened.
Yes? - or are you pulling the engine?
If you are just ripping off that mess of turbo and intake of the HA, headers, and adding the intake, turbo, front end pieces for IC, and LC2 wiring harness - it's a no brainer.
Cover your header, bumper & fenders, pop your hood off and get after it.

Just curious. When I R&R an engine I don't even take the hood shocks loose. Seems odd to consider pulling the fenders when the hood isn't an issue.

Me too - mostly.
But if I'm pulling a motor - I do it out of - just caution.
And it helps me get more light where I want it - back in the dark firewall area n such.
You gotta admit - if you're ripping all that rat's nest of HA stuff off - having the hood out of the way and a nice bright 5 million candle power operating room style light overhead is nice! :D

But personally - were I retrofitting a HA to a LC2 - I'd still pull it so I could clean all the nooks n crannies with my toothbrush, spray paint here n there, work all nice n tidy on a motor stand, then slide back in.
You could do a new stall and motor mounts that way as well -and clean up the frame and such while you're at it.
Yank the tranny (No Earl - don't say it!) and clean that pig up too while you're at it.
Which by the way - does the BQ VB work just as well as the BRF - say for shift points on an LC2?

Its not too difficult. My car was hit in the right front 10 years ago and I'm sure they had to straighten the frame horn. Two years ago I removed the front clip for an engine rebuild and under hood detail and found a lot of shims. One year later when I was ready to put it back together I started with the fenders, lining them up with the doors then lining up them to the body. Next was the part with the headlights and grille, whatever you call it and then the hood.
I was very surprised how well everything lined up. Just a tweak here and there and it was great.
Don't be afraid to take things apart.
Sent from my A110

Its not too difficult. My car was hit in the right front 10 years ago and I'm sure they had to straighten the frame horn. Two years ago I removed the front clip for an engine rebuild and under hood detail and found a lot of shims. One year later when I was ready to put it back together I started with the fenders, lining them up with the doors then lining up them to the body. Next was the part with the headlights and grille, whatever you call it and then the hood.
I was very surprised how well everything lined up. Just a tweak here and there and it was great.
Don't be afraid to take things apart.
Sent from my A110

Sounds pretty easy.
Even "that part with the headlights and grille, whatever you call it"
Oh - the header?
:D

That's right - if you're going to do this job - do it like a man.
Don't pussyfoot around with it.
Do it like I am doing it.
Here's an 84 getting an LC2
And eventually some fenders.
Maybe even that part with the headlights and the grill - what ever you call it. :D

Attachments

• $(KGrHqNHJCEFDLbsGJ(IBRunh,wsd!~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqNHJCEFDLbsGJ(IBRunh,wsd!~~60_3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 101
[quote="Heisenberg, post: Don't pussyfoot around with it. Do it like I am doing it.[/quote]

Man, that looks clean!!!:)

That is clean. I do have the engine out . I want to steam clean everything while it's out. I was just figuring it would be Easy if I removed ft clip as a assy( ie fenders still attached to rad support).

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app