from bad to worse choppy idle to no start

robbyredneck

thanks for looking guys and any input will help. first off my car has modded ecm with trans plus and 72lb ls1 maf. a couple of weeks ago i got my laptop so i could do a little fall tuning. i plugged in turbo link and all looked good. i let the car warm up then set my translator+ to what i thought was 3.5 lean idle but the trans + is mounted upside down and i turned it to the not used setting and the idle went to crap. i then realized what i had done, shut the car off, reset and started and it was fine. took the car out and tuned wot timing and a little alky. came back idled car with t-link on and same thing. it runs like the choke is on! i recorded the bad idle and later noticed the maf readings went from 2 on a good idle to 7 on the bad.the ecm showed about every code in the book and had a monster voltage dropout when they set. i even unscrewed the iac to lean the mix out and the choppieness went away and it idled at about 2000 rpm. i sent my ecm back to full throttle and they replaced the chip and bench tested. i am still waiting for the trans+ to come back. i checked the grounds and all of the ckt to the ccci. also a couple of weeks ago i had a weird burning rubber smell under the hood. i found that the previous owner had cut the connector to the egr system and the pink/bk wire was shorting on the intake.(trouble shooting at night has some advantage). i checked maf on my 00 camaro and it seems to be ok. so while i wait for my trans + i figured i get some input.

Your not running a volt booster are you? I noticed the problem showed up after you made some WOT blasts. I have had a few customers experience electronic problems after some WOT blasts, all running volt boosters. I removed the boosters.

yes i am running a volt booster. keep them coming boys. when i get the trans +back. i will take it off and try. did it damage anything in your case?

On one customers car he lost the computer, on two others they lost the alternators. I know a lot of people run those things but in MHO there is no need for one. It puts an extra load on the alternator and engine and stresses the electrical system. If you don't think your fuel pump is pumping enough fuel, get a bigger pump. The stock ignition system is plenty hot enough running at the normal 13.6 volts. The computer also has to compensate for the voltage increase.