Fresh from Reynolds GA!

Hey 88ZNX, FWIW the coilpack and module you guys loaned me is bad, I tried another one today and my problem cleared up. I know you have a block with a hole in it, but make sure you change/check it out when you get it back together. Thanks for letting me try yours. Damon

I wonder if that was what caused the demise of our engine? :mad:

The module is brand new GM.... put on 1 day before we left for Reynolds.

The coilpack is a relatively new accel coilpack. It came with a spacer to space it off the module, but we couldn't run the spacer cause it put the coil too tall... and would hit the cowl.

IMHO... there wasn't any evidence what was causing the popping that the engine was doing ..... when inspecting the datalogs......

In hindsight... we should have swapped the coilpack/module after the first hint of the popping since there wasn't a smoking gun in the data....

I am tempted to round up all our coilpack/module assemblies.... and ship off to Quick6-n-KC for testing on the caspers tester.

Brian, let me know when you guys get it back together. We'll go do some testing..

Brian, let me know when you guys get it back together. We'll go do some testing..

Sweet.

Alan is helping Andre and I both get our cars back on the road prior to getting his back going. I believe he will have his spare girdled 109 motor ready for action in the next few weeks.... and I think he might try to get it in by Christmas.....we haven't really set a goal yet.

I would like to get mine on the road before Christmas for sure.... I've been down almost a year and a half.

Andre has been down a good bit longer than that.

We will definately be making several track trips (here in MS) before BG '08. It will come to BG with the girdled 109...... hopefully to make some clean passes.....and have alot of fun....

Send it to Brian. I bet it's bad. Yours did the same thing as mine when I tried it. When I put the "known good" one on it immediatlety changed the idle and spooled twice as fast. I'll be shocked if yours is good. Thanks again.

I've been building this car for some time now, mainly for show and maybe some fun 12's. I had absolutely no racing seat time until today. I've made about 20 passes!!

1st pass spun and ran some 13.00's. next pass got the tires sticky and ran 12.06! at 20psi. so we used the Direct Scan and tuned this thing all the way to an 11.14 @ 118 without locking the converter. I did lock it up on a few passes with got me 11.30's and 11.40's at 120-123 mph!! I needed better 60 ft's but the track conditions werent there. My best 60 was 1.54 and 7.02 1/8 and 11.14@ 118. We tried to get the 10.90! Next time for sure. This was on 25-28 psi, alky and 116 and TT 93 chip. I forgot and left my race chip at home lol.

Tuning and seat time will open your car up to tons of fun!!

Combo- Stock 109, lightly ported stock heads, stock intake ported by Champion, .194/204 cam, stock TB & plenum, TE.66 Turbo .63 exhaust housing, Stock MAF, 3 inch cold air kit, Turbo Tweak 93 chip, Ebay headers, single shot 3", Leeo Thompson 200R4, PI 3500 lock up converter, Walbro 340, SMC Progressive Alky, Direct Scan, Scan Master, MT Drag Radials 275/60/15's, stock suspention with drag shocks, 25-28 psi.

Jason

I got a pass of you saturday on my little camera video of you racing the white mustang, 1 pass of melissa, also, i think you got a 11:21 when you beat the mustang he was running very LOW 11's also against his buddy with the red mustang. I cant figure out how to send the dang videos to anyone, i'll keep trying. here's a pic of the mustang though sweeet. But im still a buick man.

Attachments

• EBAY 010.jpg
    EBAY 010.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 207
Thanks Quick 6. i'll try it, i have to set up an accnt 1st. let me know if this works. know remember its only a camera phone (Nikon)3.2meg pix. I also was under the bleachers so it wasnt too clear.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Nice video! Works fine for me [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWu38mBx8Gs&locale=en_US&persist_locale=1[/YOUTUBE]

Upper right hand corner of youtube, click global

For some reason it came up UK for me LOL

BW

I got a pass of you saturday on my little camera video of you racing the white mustang, 1 pass of melissa, also, i think you got a 11:21 when you beat the mustang he was running very LOW 11's also against his buddy with the red mustang. I cant figure out how to send the dang videos to anyone, i'll keep trying. here's a pic of the mustang though sweeet. But im still a buick man.

I think I saw every run.... for both days.... He only lost ONE race the entire weekend.... and that was to the new GTO with spray.. on stickies.... Jason was not really concentrating on the GTO.... just trying to build a little boost before he left... the lights go down with Jason not up on boost yet.... the GTO gets out... with Jason still at the line..... he couldn't stand it.... the GTO was way out of the hole....and spraying....... so Jason left on not alot of boost..... and never could catch up to him....

I really wish they could have run again...heads up.... with Jason leaving on 5# or so.....That goat might need some wings...