Fresh from Reynolds GA!

88ZNX

Let loose the Boost!!
I've been building this car for some time now, mainly for show and maybe some fun 12's. I had absolutely no racing seat time until today. I've made about 20 passes!!

1st pass spun and ran some 13.00's. next pass got the tires sticky and ran 12.06! at 20psi. so we used the Direct Scan and tuned this thing all the way to an 11.14 @ 118 without locking the converter. I did lock it up on a few passes with got me 11.30's and 11.40's at 120-123 mph!! I needed better 60 ft's but the track conditions werent there. My best 60 was 1.54 and 7.02 1/8 and 11.14@ 118. We tried to get the 10.90! Next time for sure. This was on 25-28 psi, alky and 116 and TT 93 chip. I forgot and left my race chip at home lol.

Tuning and seat time will open your car up to tons of fun!!

Combo- Stock 109, lightly ported stock heads, stock intake ported by Champion, .194/204 cam, stock TB & plenum, TE.66 Turbo .63 exhaust housing, Stock MAF, 3 inch cold air kit, Turbo Tweak 93 chip, Ebay headers, single shot 3", Leeo Thompson 200R4, PI 3500 lock up converter, Walbro 340, SMC Progressive Alky, Direct Scan, Scan Master, MT Drag Radials 275/60/15's, stock suspention with drag shocks, 25-28 psi.

Jason

Isn't it amazing what tuning will do on these cars?!
Good work!!!

You know it John, Thanks!! I know this car has a 10 in it on a cool night with some good tires.

Forgot to add that it has a Easton Peformance FMIC. Car weight was 3550 with me in it. Special thanks to Alan Cheney, Brian Dykes, JD, and Russ Merrit for helping with the tune.

It was great to meet you and watch you steadily improve with the runs. Love those Lucerne vents on your car too! Great looking car BTW. I could tell you were having a blast!!

You were almost there man!
Get a little more timing in that sob and im sure your gonna get a 10 second slip real soon!

Sad to hear about the other car breaking...

BW

You too Evans! Thanks!! 1.54 60 foot on the foot brake!

Attachments

• car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 394
I watched you run a ton of times lol. You should have come looked me up man! I was in the black flamed out dually down the fence. Looks like you was having a lot of fun lol. Good job Daniel Ray

I've made about 20 passes!! Jason

Are you sure it was only 20 passes? Every time I looked up you were going down the track. LOL It looked like you were having too much fun. Sorry I did not get to talk to you, my son and I were trying to take it all in and get some ideas for our car so we can play next time.

Nice looking car you have there.

Jim

Crap I dont know! I lost count!! I tell you what, If I didnt get the seat time I needed, somethings wrong! hahaha I hope to see yall at the next event. Hopefully my brother will have his Camaro back up and running

Jason

Nice looking limited :biggrin:

You still got the turbo you removed off of it? I have a guy here looking for one.

BW

Hey bud, The Turbo is already on someones car, getting paid this week for it....I better anyway.

Hey.... nice pic in your sig..... :biggrin:

Must of been a fat turbo Buick fan that took that :rolleyes:

You know it John, Thanks!! I know this car has a 10 in it on a cool night with some good tires.

Forgot to add that it has a Easton Peformance FMIC. Car weight was 3550 with me in it. Special thanks to Alan Cheney, Brian Dykes, JD, and Russ Merrit for helping with the tune.

I had a blast seeing the fruits of all the effort we put into it. Seems like Russ and JD one was over at the tent after every pass..... They are both class acts. We couldn't have done it without them.

You got one first class ride there.

I hope to be able to join in the fun with mine soon.

Yeah Thanks to you! We got Andre's car over and its in the shop now. He's getting the itch! I hope we are all up and running soooooon!

Yes, def a good time! Glad to meet you guys!!

BTW, take off those cardboard headlight covers.......;)

You too man!! Yeah, yeah, we did! :biggrin: Car went some 120's with them though!! We got the car back home and fixed the exhaust and now I'm going to get a HR Parts bar for the rear.

Did you find out what happened to Melissa's car?

Not yet. The crossover pipe has a 2" split in it but other than that everything looks good underneath. I have to take care of some stuff at home and then maybe the end of the week we'll take a look at it. I wanna run the valves, do a leak down, check the thrust bearing, and basically do a good going over on the motor. It's brand new and it all needs the be checked.....

New gas will be first and we'll go from there. Shouldn't be too tough to find/fix

BTW, take off those cardboard headlight covers.......;)

I saw that coming from a mile away........ :biggrin:

Unlocked.... she went just short of 118 mph (about 21 mph pickup) .....

locked (and with custom headlight covers...... :eek: ) .......it went almost 124.... just over 27 mph pickup from the 1/8 to the 1/4....

Did they work... or was it all the converter? I guess we will never know......:eek:

Hey 88ZNX, FWIW the coilpack and module you guys loaned me is bad, I tried another one today and my problem cleared up. I know you have a block with a hole in it, but make sure you change/check it out when you get it back together. Thanks for letting me try yours. Damon