Frankenmotor autopsy

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
Lou did the autopsy on my old motor today...this is what I gathered over the phone between "Shut up stupids"

I should have pix of the carnage on the old engine soon.....snapped the crank, busted a main cap loose, two pistons wedged in their bores, and a couple slapped valves...OUCH!

New motor, rotating assy and cam are at the machinist waiting their turn.
Transmission and converter will go back to the super secret transmission man for a recal (higher shift points) and restall and general inspection and dusting to make sure its ready for the new motor.

Who is the super secret transmission man? need some work done. promise I won't tell ANYONE!

If you don't use Lonnie per Brents suggestion (involves shipping either your trans or your car cross country), then call Lou and he'll hook you up with a good local guy here in So Cali.

Time for a forged crank with your driving habits ;)
Pictures when available please.

Longball with that sig of yours I'd go with a 400 instead of playing take-a-part car with these 200s.

I can't wait to see and watch the new setup Chicken! :D Now....What are you going to do if the track kicks you out for no cage next time out? :(

lonnies, BRC valve body shifts fine so its really not needed to send a core IMOP. i kept my old trans for a spare.

Broken crank.jpg
Bent valves and broken piston skirts.jpg
Bent valves.jpg
Broken main cap.jpg