Forged or Cast Pistons or blasted :take a look

I said it myself I am probably being paranoid. And bolts were probably up to the task. but this thread was not made with intention to bash anyone . Big trust thing w me , its all . if one thing fails in the process then it is possible for other failures to occur . Nick has taken great care of me and this this thread was made to get input on the piston color and cast vs forged not to dwell on the "what -if" "bolts vs studs" and especially not to go into "AZgn cost vs local" ....

It hurt to unbolt a freshly torqued down head on cometics , and undo the roller rockers bc the engine didnt get fitted with the studs which should have been discovered at build time as requested by the customer...
I am getting phone support by both Nick and builder to redo all of it, YES, so that should be clear , support is not being questioned.. although in this there was a bump in the road... and I didnt want to live with "bolts are good enough" as the builder put it... "Hey you wanted studs, so get what you want, unbolt it and well help you figure it all out over the phone" :)

I've learned a trick from Lou. I now interview people before I work on their cars, to see if they even have the mental capacity to maintain and fully comprehend THEIR own cars. Next post from OP will be "head studs leaking"... SMH

Some of you talking shit ... dont know the story... simple... I didnt mention any names bc this was not a bashing thread or shit talking thread.... If you feel that strongly about shit that doesnt concern you pm me ... Im dissapointed that one cant openly ask for input without it becoming a bashing contest. The best folks have hiccups at times. thats why I didnt mention any names , dickriders stay way as well. So what if i had paid and asked for cometics and gotten felpros, would i then just say fuckit they will hold at my power level, dont complain or say anything.lol you are a clown !

I see what you're saying. However i would have just called the builder and asked instead of posting up that would have saved some of this bs. After calling them and not hearing the answer you want then maybe ask some questions here.

Good luck to you, I'm sure you will love that motor and make tons of power.

What's wrong with felpros anyways ;)

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

how did you address the mushed aluminum around the bolt holes and why did that happen? Im not trying to start anything, I'm just curious.

You didn't have to take heads off to change to studs. (y)

The diameter of the bolt holes up on the head had closed due to previous torquing and the stud did not slide in. I could have ran a drill through the holes with a vacuum and taped things closed to try and avoid aluminum particles from falling into the motor but I didn't want to risk it or chance it . So I took the one head off and ran a drill press through all the holes. Barely needed to take material off the top maybe .25 inch and they slid in no problem. I was able to do one head without taking it off as the squish effect was less and the studs made it through. Probably could have done it carefully w the vacuum. These were good used set of heads from Nick. And Nick sent me the new stud kit and took care of me. The diameter issue was just a rogue unforeseen speed bump. I have a video recorded I can definitely be share

I can't wait until OP ask's for help AGAIN.
Thankfully there are plenty of folks willing to help on here and with enough brain cells and research I'm sure I'll continue to progress in all things in life . Wish the same of you and all the buick bros!!