Forged or Cast Pistons or blasted :take a look

turbo96max

mods delete please

Attachments

• IMG_3701.JPG
    IMG_3701.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Sure as hell would scare me. If it were me I would take the damn thing apart. Best to trust yourself only. Shitty the world is like this

Cast pistons usually have some little cutouts or a dimple or two somewhere on them. Those look like a forged set that were media blasted, you can see slight discoloration where perhaps there was carbon build up before they were cleaned? Just pop the pan and check the markings on the bottoms. JE is pretty clear on their pistons. My pistons look frosted like that but due to the heat barrier coating.

Cast pistons usually have some little cutouts or a dimple or two somewhere on them. Those look like a forged set that were media blasted, you can see slight discoloration where perhaps there was carbon build up before they were cleaned? Just pop the pan and check the markings on the bottoms. JE is pretty clear on their pistons. My pistons look frosted like that but due to the heat barrier coating.
Yup I didn't ask for them to be coated but maybe I got lucky and they coated them ?? Not sure. But I'll have to pull the pan. I'm not sure if it has silicone or just the cork gasket since it has a girdle. I really didn't want me to be the one to cause potential leaks. If no silicon then it should be pretty straightforward .

Coated is what I was thinking, too.

coating looks a little more obvious and thicker. im gonna hhunt the web for some pics of media blasted pistons to compare

Sure as hell would scare me. If it were me I would take the damn thing apart. Best to trust yourself only. Shitty the world is like this

The OP is paranoid, we built this engine with most of his parts including the used JE pistons at 1/2 the price he was quoted locally?

so THIS guy spec'd what he wanted , then has the balls to complain?
sorry, but I have NO time for people like this!

The OP is paranoid, we built this engine with most of his parts including the used JE pistons at 1/2 the price he was quoted locally?
I've learned a trick from Lou. I now interview people before I work on their cars, to see if they even have the mental capacity to maintain and fully comprehend THEIR own cars. Next post from OP will be "head studs leaking"... SMH

Nothing wrong with bolts, I would have left it alone. But you're past that now. It just amazes me how many people think they have to have studs now in there engine or it's just not up to the task. Crazy, anyways call Nick he can tell you what's done to the pistons and help you with your stud issue.

Come to think of it,

Did you even call him before you made this thread ?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

OP, If they are true JE's the box they came in will have codes and numbers for verification purposes. If not you have learned a valuable lesson. My JE's were a direct manufacturer purchase, live and learn my friend.

Nothing wrong with bolts, I would have left it alone. But you're past that now. It just amazes me how many people think they have to have studs now in there engine or it's just not up to the task. Crazy, anyways call Nick he can tell you what's done to the pistons and help you with your stud issue.

Come to think of it,

Did you even call him before you made this thread ?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Most likely, no. But now, it is what it is.

OP, If they are true JE's the box they came in will have codes and numbers for verification purposes. If not you have learned a valuable lesson. My JE's were a direct manufacturer purchase, live and learn my friend.

You own a TR with JE pistons in it? Pistons you purchased?

Last edited: