Ford's X plan?

3.8vsix

Has any of you guys ever bought a car or truck using this X plan? If so how much did it save you, compared to just going in a dealership and getting there best price. Thanks alot.

I thought x-plan was for friends and family of ford employees, and was slightly over dealer cost? Either way, my sister picked up a mazda protege under it this summer. I seem to remember her saving around a couple thousand. Savings depend on the car in question though, its pretty hard to beat unless your a direct employee and can get a-plan

HTH
Tom

Originally posted by BuickTom
I thought x-plan was for friends and family of ford employees, and was slightly over dealer cost? Either way, my sister picked up a mazda protege under it this summer. I seem to remember her saving around a couple thousand. Savings depend on the car in question though, its pretty hard to beat unless your a direct employee and can get a-plan

HTH
Tom

X plan is below dealer cost, normally $1000.00-$1500.00. You must be a Ford employee to receive x plan.

:cool:

Originally posted by njturbo
X plan is below dealer cost, normally $1000.00-$1500.00. You must be a Ford employee to receive x plan.

:cool:

You're actually thinking of the A plan. You must be an employee, or family member of an employeed to take advantage if the A plan. Exactly how much below invoice it is, I'm not sure, but I saved a ton when I got my Excursion through the A plan.

Stickered for just over $48,000.00. Bought it for just over $37,000 on A plan.

X plan is a much looser plan, with slightly less savings.

Originally posted by TurboDave
You're actually thinking of the A plan. You must be an employee, or family member of an employeed to take advantage if the A plan. Exactly how much below invoice it is, I'm not sure, but I saved a ton when I got my Excursion through the A plan.

Stickered for just over $48,000.00. Bought it for just over $37,000 on A plan.

X plan is a much looser plan, with slightly less savings.

A plan Employees
X Plan Friends or vendors or suppliers to Ford
D Plan same as A plan

Still X plan, you will save a decent amount of money, we normally go $500.00 under invoice for someone who has X plan, here at our Dealership.

I got the J plan on my '02 Tahoe. (Joe plan) :D

Stickered for $42,911. Got it for invoice, then took the GM cash back off that and then I had 1500 on my GM card. We negotiated 3k under invoice but since he had to send a guy to go pick up the optioned truck I wanted he asked if 2700 under was ok. I did good on it, came out to be almost 10k off sticker. Plus GM contributes $150 towads Upromise savings on new vehicles..so I basically got it for 2850 under invoice. Yes Invoice, not MSRP, I do know the difference ;)

Hey njturbo, how do you like your 330? I loved mine..had an 01. Just picked up a Silver Gray/Imola 04' M3. Got 800 miles on it already and I'm loving it!

Thanks for the replys. I am looking to buy a 04 F250 crew cab with 6.0 powerstroke. I hope that the xplan will save me some money. I bet the dealers does not like it when you pop this plan out on them.

Originally posted by 3.8vsix
Thanks for the replys. I am looking to buy a 04 F250 crew cab with 6.0 powerstroke. I hope that the xplan will save me some money. I bet the dealers does not like it when you pop this plan out on them.

We really do not care. We make money in FI plus rebates and stuff from Ford. If you have a problem, drive on up and i will do the deal for you.

You have mail:)

If you want to stay on the GM side of the road, find out if you are eligible for the "S" plan a.k.a. the GM supplier plan. I have access to the Ford "X" plan and the GM "S" plan through my employer (ChevronTexaco). Bought my '03 Avalanche (sticker was $32600 I was out the door for $25,500) and '03 Trailblazer (sticker $36,800 out the door for $29,800) this way. No hassle, no haggle, great savings. They give you a price that's 4% above Ford or GM employee cost whichever plan you use.

BTW, don't fall for any of that "you have to buy what's in stock" crap either. They can order or search for whatever you want.

www.gmsupplierdiscount.com

Hello agian guys. Well i think the local dealer is trying to screw me over. I went in and told them that I was going to be buing a truck on the xplan. They found me a truck and the xplan price was 39,811$. A week ago I just thowed a price of 38k out to a dealer and that was no problem, that was not me even saying anything about the Xplan. Where's the savings? The total price out the door was 40,352 with the xplan, and the msrp price is 45,295.:confused: Thanks

Hello agian guys. Well i think the local dealer is trying to screw me over. I went in and told them that I was going to be buing a truck on the xplan. They found me a truck and the xplan price was 39,811$. A week ago I just thowed a price of 38k out to a dealer and that was no problem, that was not me even saying anything about the Xplan. Where's the savings? The total price out the door was 40,352 with the xplan, and the msrp price is 45,295.:confused: Thanks

E-MAIL me what you are looking for, when i get to the Shop on Monday I will check to see what you should be paying. Here is work address.

travisw@difeoford.com

Later

Apparently, they're selling them for less than the 4% over Ford employee cost that the "X plan" spits out for a price. It happens. Especially if you're trying to buy an '03 in December.

njturbo, I sent you the info. Thanks alot for your help!!

No problem. I will check it out Monday morning to see of you are getting what you should. :cool:

Here is the deal. The Truck is $45,580.00 MSRP with all the equipment you want. X Plan is $40,209.50 less a $1000.00 rebate, therfore on X plan in NJ you would be paying $39,209.50 plus tax and tags. I have a copy from our dealership, let me know I can fax to you. Walk into the dealership with this paper, they cannot screw you. :cool:

Thanks for the info. I think I have found a dealership that has agreed to that price,maybe a little cheaper. Thank you for all your help.