Fontana: AUTO CLUB DRAGWAY @ CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats why I pay Lou we need to keep him in business n help him pay his bills. :D
BTW we want pictures of your blown HG. hehehehe post them up we like to see what happen where they went, I bet they blew toward the back by the water jacket.

wiked

You might be right. I'll post some pic's when I get to that point.

Nope i never accused him of having ported heads but a 3 angle valve cut and a backcut on the heads which btw is not stock, also as soon as you change the valve springs from stock form which are about 75 pounds per inch of pressure to 100 pnds springs the heads are not stock anymore. :) but thats just my take on it. Soooo, he really is having a set of heads put on by you eh LOU. ;)

wiked.

That means the heads on my Limited aren't stock anymore, as the springs might have about 50 lbs of seat pressure since they're so worn out. But, if I were to replace them with 100s, the average between old and new is about 75, so they would still be stock....or something. ;)

Perry Mason: "Mmmm, yes...yes, I see...."

Attachments

• perry_mason2.jpg
    perry_mason2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 144
Morgan, Are you thinking of bringing that old ladys Blue Regal? ;) I love that thing! :biggrin: Did you get the alky set up?

Good to hear from you that blowing a headgasket is normal in your book, it is not normal in mine, I rather have my car be fast and on the safe side than be changing heads gaskets every 2 months, it is a Bit** to do just ask Lou he knows.. ;)

so far so good with my headgaskets knock on wood, I hope to turn the boost to about 25psi race form and back it down to about 22psi street trim once i get it dialed in, bet cha I wont be blowing any gaskets..

wiked

WHY WOULD I ASK LOU??? dont forget wicked sprayer, I do my own wrenching. Why would I own a performance/custom car, and pay for some work to be done? it defeats the purpose of being a car person. But you would'nt understand. You need to stop reading so much, and get your hands dirty. All I see you do is post some b.s about spring load, valve jobs, etc.. leave that to the people who do the work, not the ones who just read about it. And I bet your head gasket will blow again....... I promise. your a funny guy wicked, but the engine mechanic 101 on audio tape is not as efficient as you think:D

WHY WOULD I ASK LOU??? dont forget wicked sprayer, I do my own wrenching. Why would I own a performance/custom car, and pay for some work to be done? it defeats the purpose of being a car person. But you would'nt understand. You need to stop reading so much, and get your hands dirty. All I see you do is post some b.s about spring load, valve jobs, etc.. leave that to the people who do the work, not the ones who just read about it. And I bet your head gasket will blow again....... I promise. your a funny guy wicked, but the engine mechanic 101 on audio tape is not as efficient as you think:D
Good point! Plus for a guy who won't race his car at the track for fear of breaking it. He has gone through a set of head gaskets & several transmissions. All this on the street actually think that the car is under no more stress at the track other than the traction is better & more load is placed on the drive train.Therefore the argument against racing at the track is bogus. It's just harder to B.S about performance in front of witnesses & under fair condition's other words the B.S. stops when the flag drops.

Good point! Plus for a guy who won't race his car at the track for fear of breaking it. He has gone through a set of head gaskets & several transmissions. All this on the street actually think that the car is under no more stress at the track other than the traction is better & more load is placed on the drive train.Therefore the argument against racing at the track is bogus. It's just harder to B.S about performance in front of witnesses & under fair condition's other words the B.S. stops when the flag drops.

You tell him Lou!! :biggrin:

AMEN!

I will just keep you all guessing what my car runs how is that for an answer? ;) and Lou you should be happy I blew my HG and transmission, it pays your bills and Art carrs too. :)

FYI I was wrenching at my uncles shop back in my country, cutting valves and seating them by hand, assembling engines, welding etc etc when I was 7 yrs old I think back in those days you were playing cowboys and indians so my knowledge of cars and how they work goes far beyond of what you think. ;)

I will just keep you all guessing what my car runs how is that for an answer? ;) and Lou you should be happy I blew my HG and transmission, it pays your bills and Art carrs too. :)
Listen Einstien! Next time you take your motor apart.Try & find some one who is dumb enough to put it all back together & let you supply the parts. I have never gotten rich off you. In fact you have cost me customers & money running your mouth against me in the past. You even went behind my back & contacted Brent claimed I was screwing him & didn't know what I was doing. What was that all about? You have repeatedly stabbed me in the back. Fawk off & die!

Listen Einstien! Next time you take your motor apart.Try & find some one who is dumb enough to put it all back together & let you supply the parts. I have never gotten rich off you. In fact you have cost me customers & money running your mouth against me in the past. You even went behind my back & contacted Brent claimed I was screwing him & didn't know what I was doing. What was that all about? You have repeatedly stabbed me in the back. Fawk off & die!

:rolleyes: Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed? :confused: I must admit you didn't get rich off me but you did charge me a couple of thousand dollars to put my head gaskets back on with all the parts supplied too I can only imagine how much it would be if you had to supply the parts :eek:, I don't mind paying the money as long as you do the job right. ;)
and No I won't tell you to FaK@ off and Die but wish you all the best of health and wealth for 2007, keep going the way your going and it will be plentifull. :rolleyes: I dont know what gave you the Idea that I told brent you were screwing him I did offer to help him figure out the boost problem he was having like I offer to help anybody who owns a TR in our community, free of charge. :)

Your son wiked.

I'm sensing just a little bit of rivalry going on here. I'm planning on going up to help a few friends with their cars. This should be fun to watch. Hmmm. Who should I root for?

This is just a minor case of sibling rivalry. They'll be best of buds by the next get together.

Don

are you comming up on the 13th?
if so I'll be sure to be there, ( I live 5 min away from fontana track)

FYI I was wrenching at my uncles shop back in my country, cutting valves and seating them by hand, assembling engines, welding etc etc when I was 7 yrs old I think back in those days you were playing cowboys and indians so my knowledge of cars and how they work goes far beyond of what you think. ;)

SLAVE LABOR AT 7 YEARS OLD. There must have been some unsatisfied customers at your uncles shop:eek: Good luck with the race,,,,, if you show up.:eek:

are you comming up on the 13th?
if so I'll be sure to be there, ( I live 5 min away from fontana track)
Hi Lee. Yeah, I'm going to make it up there. Not with the car. Hope to see you there. I'll be with a Burgandy Red w/fancy striping BB Vega and an Acura Green SBC '68 Camaro w/black vinyl top. Some old buddies from the teenager street racing days. Ruffin Road!

SLAVE LABOR AT 7 YEARS OLD.

Its called curiosity, and the love for cars that drove me to work at his shop, because I didnt get paid a penny for it, as a matter of fact he would do anything to keep me away from it but I kept coming back just to learn. the more you guys edge me to Race the least likely I will be to do it just to satisty anyones curiosity, keep it up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.