Fontana 10/31 who is in?

What kind of car?

• Total voters
Here is my 1 & only timeslip. 12.082 @ 108.58 w/a 60 ft of 1.688 100% stock longblock.

I wanted to make sure I was ready hence the R/T,I gave a Honda a head start & still beat him :biggrin:

IMG_5028.jpg

IMG_5033.jpg

IMG_5034.jpg

IMG_5035.jpg

Thanks guys.

Fontucky has another overpacked T@T day on Dec 4ish. Air should be a bit better. What we really need is a private track rental. Don't think They've had one in quite a while.

Time to go clean rubber off the quarter panels.

I may have some pics to post later.

Mike B.

Spoolfool2 - Congrats on your times.

Fontucky is a PITA zoo to me, Im too used to the casual Palmdale and Carlsbad.

FYI, If you need cars for a track rental day let me know. Im in a 3rd gen F body club and some of those guys are into the 12's TPI NA and no juice with 350 blocks and would like some private track days.

Spoolfool2 - Congrats on your times.

FYI, If you need cars for a track rental day let me know. Im in a 3rd gen F body club and some of those guys would like some private track days.

I'd like a private track day.

This is why you still see street racers,,, no time to race @ a track that only gets you 2 runs.:rolleyes: There are not enough tracks to race on that is not over crowded.

Too bad you guys can't get into 1/8 mi. Barona only had a little over 50 cars Friday night and Saturday. As many passes as you could stand.

i know im never going there with my buick. 1 pass every six hours is a joke. 10 bucks a pass F that

i know im never going there with my buick. 1 pass every six hours is a joke. 10 bucks a pass F that
There lies the main reason I can't take this very seriously. I would love to own a race car once again but without somewhere to race whats the point. I would have to move out of state to be able to do that again. Carlsbad wasn't much of a track but how I do miss it. I hope all those that used to whine about the track conditions are now satisfied.

That's what I like about Barona. Every race day is like a track rental. There are quite a few Carlsbad old timers that have made Barona their new home track. It's a little racer's sanctuary really. I know the owners would like to see the track attract more people, but I kinda hope the secret never gets out. One pass every 6 hrs. would be the pits.

That's what I like about Barona. Every race day is like a track rental. There are quite a few Carlsbad old timers that have made Barona their new home track. It's a little racer's sanctuary really. I know the owners would like to see the track attract more people, but I kinda hope the secret never gets out. One pass every 6 hrs. would be the pits.
I have never been to Barona. Whats it like, will it accommodate at least 8 second cars safely.

I have never been to Barona. Whats it like, will it accommodate at least 8 second cars safely.
They run Pro Mods twice a year. Nostalgia funnies and dragsters too. The track record ET is in the low 4s. The MPH record I'm not sure about, but I can recall seeing high 150s. You can call the track and get the exact numbers. Here's the track record being set by 'The Nail'.
YouTube - New barona Track Record
It was soon bettered by another person, but I don't recall what the new record is or who set it. I'm trying to get the track to post a plaque up with the current record information.
There's a supercharged and turbocharged Mustang duo that regularly terrorize the track with mid and high 4 second passes. Another cluster of cars are regularly doing 5.30s. There are some serious machines up there. Very low percentage of actual street stuff.
A little racer's paradise.

edit: Oh. And they don't wand the spectators. They don't need to. Very relaxed and family type atmosphere.

Reggie and Jeff have been there.

How does it compare to Irwindale, do they prep the track surface,

The track is real good. Prep is done right and the track holds.

Good place to go. Its far enough away that the crowds dont know about it.

You can get all the runs you want there.

Fontana was OK. There were 10 or 11 cars there overall there were easily 500 cars there. It took me an hour and a half to get through tech.

I made one run and I blew a head gasket. So cheap thrills for one run at $20.

We might be famous on the internet when Matt gets done with his video.
He interviewed Lee with his GNX. I'm not sure who he talked to with a GN.
I got to represent the T Type crowd and we plugged this site a couple of times too.

All in all not a bad day but yeah we need to get a private track rental going. I wonder how much that costs? Hmmmmm.:wink:

The last track rental I went to up there at Fontana, I have to say I was not impressed with the amount of passes I got in. They signed up 100-150 cars, and they took forever to clean up a few oil downs. I think they were even training personel that day on how to clean and prep the track. Anyway, I was not impressed. Still too much wait. It felt like I was at Disneyland.
At Barona, if I get in the lanes and wait longer than 20-30 minutes for the pass, that's unordinary.
If Barona gets 80 cars in the pits on a race day, that's a good day for them. Half the time it's more around 40 to 50 cars. There's no rush to get your car in line and wait. Kick back in the pits, when you're ready for your next pass, get in line. They run the lanes through quick.
My gosh. I went with a friend to Irwindale once and couldn't believe the zoo. Holy cow. Wanding people going into the stands. I had to explain to the person that I was from San Diego. They just said "Oh" and waved me through. :biggrin: It took forever for my friend to work up through the staging lanes. You guys can keep that. And heck, I'd probably run out of fuel on that return road.

A track rental at Barona is 1 to 5 cars. How many passes do you want?

Usually, if an individual or race team rents the track, you can get in on the rental for 100 bucks. You have to know someone so that you get word of the open rental, but it does happen. I've had a few chances to get in on those things. One time I got in on the track rental when they were testing and filming the Chevelle that was on Drag Race High. That was pretty cool. The other high school was spying on the event from the hillside.