Fixed some one elses fish eye

jim0207

INVNO1
Years ago my fender was replaced, do to a fender bender, by a local paint shop. Long story short 6 months later my fender had acne. I was young and dumb and ------ and I went back to the shop with an attitude. Of coarse the owner/painter calmed me down and said to schedule with the front desk. I did and came back at the preplanned date and asked how long will it be. He said he did not have the time to do it wright now. I was livid. At the time my GN was the only means of transportation to work. I had a rental before. Any way I left and have lived with fish eyes ever since. I decided to learn body repair. First I sanded the paint off the fender. There was fish eyes on half of the door also. I sanded the door down to the original primer. Along the way I found a small dent on the fender near the bumper filler. Fixed the dent. Primed both the door and fender. I then shot the base and clear. Saturday I will polish her. Just in the nick of time to, the first car show is Sunday.

Attachments

• fender painting 008.jpg
    fender painting 008.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 126
  • fender painting 010.jpg
    fender painting 010.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 117
  • fender painting 009.jpg
    fender painting 009.jpg
    323.1 KB · Views: 116
  • fender painting 014.jpg
    fender painting 014.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 116
  • fender painting 015.jpg
    fender painting 015.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 109
  • GN painting 019.jpg
    GN painting 019.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 117
Woo! Nice job. I'm totally uneducated about body & paint, so I commend you for tackling that job.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awesome, I can't wait I do this to my entire car! Lol

Now do people paint the bumper fillers off the car or when they're bolted to it?

Now do people paint the bumper fillers off the car or when they're bolted to it?
I unbolted the fillers and pushed folded card board between the fender and the filler.

If they are stock bumper fillers they need to be painted separately as they will need to have a flex agent in the paint.

I unbolted the fillers and pushed folded card board between the fender and the filler.
Oh I mean the entire car needs to be painted but I feel like what if I bolt the fillers in and they don't line up perfect and you can see an I painted area of the fender.