First Time at Track for both me and my car

Eric, if you really want to do some tuning, go on Wednesday track rental. It's more expensive but you get unlimited runs and take the time to do a base line then change one thing at a time. They treat the tower side. The other side is for regular street tires.

That's a great idea.
When are you going to be ready to go up?

At this rate, next year.:oops:
If you want to go next Wednesday I'm off next week and would gladly go up to watch. I might be able to get my old drag radials from Al for you to use. I think they are just sitting in his garage with all his other "stuff".

Just painted stock heads. Nothing to see here. ;)

See yall at the track soon.

Zack

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1374870168329.jpg
    1374870168329.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 165
At this rate, next year.:oops:
If you want to go next Wednesday I'm off next week and would gladly go up to watch. I might be able to get my old drag radials from Al for you to use. I think they are just sitting in his garage with all his other "stuff".

Unfortunately I'm working Wed during the day. I'm thinking I might go Wed night.

Just painted my heads. Nothing to see here. ;)

Zack
Well get i the shower and wash that crap off before it hardens Zack. Do you want to be bald on both ends?:eek:And I don't think any of us would want to see it anyway.:p:D

Let me know if you're going, if I'm not up to my elbows in tranny fluid I might take the ride.

Bump stick? Lol

Yea, mine as well do a cam swap while the heads are off. Something with more duration and a little more lift to get more from those fancy heads and your bigger turbo.

I'm sure Bison will cook something up for him.

installed new fuel pump this morning 39 pounds line off 13 pounds of boost 0 knock.
back to tuning
installed new walboro pump
amazing just changing from one new pump to another eliminated the knock
clear evidence of what the guys have been saying about how important a quality pump is

Pronto, I might try to make it to the track this Wednesday night if work permits. If I can go you are welcome to come to the house and then we can ride up together. How close are you on your car?
Joel

Just painted stock heads. Nothing to see here. ;)

See yall at the track soon.

Zack

Good thing ya painted them. That way you can still say it has stock heads !!! So is this just painted alum heads on a stock motor or did ya hit the lottery for the rest of the engine to o_O Mazda is gettin gettin kinda scared now:p

Good thing ya painted them. That way you can still say it has stock heads !!! So is this just painted alum heads on a stock motor or did ya hit the lottery for the rest of the engine to o_O Mazda is gettin gettin kinda scared now:p

Stock shortblock stays till I blow that sucker up. Its just broken in at 119k :D...

Pronto, I might try to make it to the track this Wednesday night if work permits. If I can go you are welcome to come to the house and then we can ride up together. How close are you on your car?
Joel
Any updates bud???

OK, so I have the working pump in and went to the track.
I ran 13 pounds of boost, the ambient temp was about 20 degrees F below where it had been.
I ran 15 seconds and could'nt figure out why I was slower, MPH was under 90 so making less HP as well.
Installed TT chip, turned FP up to 41 line off and made some runs.
I could not break 14, all low 15's and could not break 90 mph, this time the TT chip brought boost to 15psi. So I was running more boost and slower MPH and 1/4 times. Messed a bit with fuel and ended runs at over 800 o2.
I plan to go back to stock chip, fuel pressure back to 39 line off and 13 psi, and see if I can get back into the 14.8's. Then turn up fuel a and boost a bit and see if I can run quicker.
Of course need to be knock free throughout.
I couldn't figure out why I'm running slower with lower air temp and more boost? Must be timing?
early run with TT had a bit of knock, under a degree, so we upped fuel via the chip slightly, which I think is what brought me to rich at the end.
Joel