Finally!!!

6 beats 8

LIVE BETTER...WORK UNION!
Well I finally got a GN after many years of wanting one. I was in High school when they first came out, and of course could not afford one. It's an 87 low mileage basically stock GN, with beautiful Paint and great interior, which was what I have been looking for. I would like to get her in the low 12's, high 11's. Can anybody get me started whith what I should purchase to get started. I have around $5,000 to "play" with. THANKS!!

Go to www.gnttype.org, spend two weeks researching, and do like I did and spend a month getting used to the car and reading this board. If you go back in this particular section to the beginning and start reading it will keep you occupied. Every possible question you could have is in here. Then after you have read it and dont understand something, feel free to ask us.

Trust me on this, learn from the mistakes others have made and you will be spanking Mustangs in no time. Tuning these cars is an art form and like nothing you've ever worked on, so take your time and have fun

Welcome to the board and the community

FWIW, be very conservative on parts purchases. If I had it to do over again, I might not have a few of the parts I have. A great tuneup and spring cleaning is #1. Fuel system, boost gauge, and scantool are #2. Beyond that there are many, many ways to achieve your goals.