Finally got some pics of what I'm working on

craggar

This is my first try at chasis fabrication and so far I'm pretty happy how it's turning out. I borrowed a tube bender and plasma cutter from a friend who has also helped a bit. I started with the frame notch which which is pretty much done outside of widening the factory tubs.

Then I did the cage. It took 4 trys to get the halo right but after that I had the bender pretty much figured out. I still have to do the 2 rear bars and weld it up but it's pretty much done.

Here's a few pictures.

3050106_7_full.jpg

3050106_8_full.jpg

3050106_4_full.jpg

3050106_28_full.jpg

3050106_26_full.jpg

3050106_11_full.jpg

3050106_21_full.jpg

The rack was a real pain and just barely cleared.
3050106_22_full.jpg

I had to ditch the fogger for a plate system so that the factory hood fits.
3050106_20_full.jpg

My kill switch
3050106_2_full.jpg

The car will be street legal with power windows and locks. No air though.I'm going to try the drag radials this year. After doing the notch I can fit up to a 325 radial on a 10" in there.

I have 3 weeks left before the track opens so it's going to close. Speaking of that I got to go back to work.

Thanks Brett, I thought everyone was mad because I pulled the turbo motor and put in a SB.
When I bought this car the only thing that was nice about it was the paint, the complete drivetrain was tired and floor was rotted out. We have no heads up racing and I wanted to be consistant for bracket racing which is why I put my 427 in it.
I still have the 86GN which will stay as a turbo car.

Anyway the car is done now except for the exhaust, but our track won't be open until next weekend due to the stupid weather we've been having. Here is how it looks on the ground.

3067349_1_full.jpg

The widened wheel tubs
3067349_3_full.jpg

3067349_4_full.jpg

Thanks Brett, I thought everyone was mad because I pulled the turbo motor and put in a SB.
When I bought this car the only thing that was nice about it was the paint, the complete drivetrain was tired and floor was rotted out. We have no heads up racing and I wanted to be consistant for bracket racing which is why I put my 427 in it.
I still have the 86GN which will stay as a turbo car.

Anyway the car is done now except for the exhaust, but our track won't be open until next weekend due to the stupid weather we've been having. Here is how it looks on the ground.

3067349_1_full.jpg

The widened wheel tubs
3067349_3_full.jpg

3067349_4_full.jpg

[/quote]

Is that the Jegs billet mount for ur Optima? I was looking for a similar setup for my car. That Zex looks hot. How much juice ru spraying? That bar is interesting how it curves like that.

The battery box is different then the Jegs. I just through away the box it came in but think it's an Optima piece. The one I saw on Jeg's site is a Trans dapt.
I'm pretty sure I got the idea for the bars from someone else's I saw on here.

Last year I ran the same motor in a 69 Camaro and with a 150 shot leaving on a progressive controler and I ran 9.5's. I'm looking for about the same times but will have to hit it with a bigger shot because of the extra 200 lbs. in the car weights.

In case anyone is interested here is a picture of the car finished and working awesome.
3067349_26_full.jpg