Finally got my new 88mm turbo in!!!

Bullseye power not only sells turbos, they sell wheels that fit garrett,BW as well as others if people would like to buy just the wheel.

Maybe Brian can expand his turbo re/building service to include batmowheels as an option if performance difference is justified.
Ill build whatever people want but like kid said this crowd isn't to eager to spend $. Point milled wheels are very expensive especially if bought one at a time. There's a couple companies I deal with and they all have the ability to make some nasty wheels. Just about anything that can be thought of can be produced these days. Sumalaya produces a majority of the wheels precision uses and I'm fairly certain they do a lot for turbonetics. The cast BW turbos are very good units and can move more air than just about anything similar and much more economically if ex housing doesn't matter. I can convert to a 3 bolt but it's a big pain in the ass and expensive because of setup time

Ill build whatever people want but like kid said this crowd isn't to eager to spend $.

What is the cost of an average wheel that you buy???

Batmowheels start in the $ 3/400.00 range.

I almost bought one for my hx40 hybrid on my diesel, but I don't have the ability to machine the housing to make it work

What is the cost of an average wheel that you buy???

Batmowheels start in the $ 3/400.00 range.

I almost bought one for my hx40 hybrid on my diesel, but I don't have the ability to machine the housing to make it work
I don't give out my costs on parts but I'll say that the compressor wheels can run up to $400 for the smaller turbos. I'm not selling the wheel for what I pay for it. Then as you know the housings have to re-contoured. The wheels need to be balanced and sometimes VSR. Backplates need to be supplied and machined. The cartridge needs to be assembled. Then you have to guarantee it. $$$$. I could have $800-900 in parts my cost jnto a unit. That's not including time or thousands of dollars put up front to have backplates made or housings re contoured. It's not uncommon to spend $2000-3000 having backplates made for a type of turbo. You order 100 at a time. Then you wind up having to machine some of them also.

I don't give out my costs on parts but I'll say that the compressor wheels can run up to $400 for the smaller turbos. I'm not selling the wheel for what I pay for it. Then as you know the housings have to re-contoured. The wheels need to be balanced and sometimes VSR. Backplates need to be supplied and machined. The cartridge needs to be assembled. Then you have to guarantee it. $$$$. I could have $800-900 in parts my cost jnto a unit. That's not including time or thousands of dollars put up front to have backplates made or housings re contoured. It's not uncommon to spend $2000-3000 having backplates made for a type of turbo. You order 100 at a time. Then you wind up having to machine some of them also.

I'm familiar with the costs of turbo building and modifications, and what it takes to put out a quality unit. I've researched turbos and different manufacturers for years.

I figured you had better purchasing power through certain suppliers that could offset a single item purchaser like me would have.

The only reason I posted that you could offer the batmowheel as an option is that the price for one is competitive with other billet wheels of different design and thought that if the demand were to be there you would/could offer it.

I personally don't think the buick crowd would need them, except maybe the race crowd. From what I've read/heard they are more efficient when running a turbo at/near max P/R.

Some may want the wow factor but from a street strip perspective not needed with the wheels that are out there now.

I was just throwing that out there as I know you do a lot of custom turbo work and that if the demand was there you might offer that wheel if someone wanted one.

RZ.

Got my car back from the fabricator and have the new boost pipe installed. I did a spool up test on the T-brake and this is what I found.
Basically 4.95 s to get to 10 psi boost and 5150 RPM, then 6.19 s total to 15 psi max boost (Same RPM on 2-step). This is about a second slower than my best spool data that I never was able to repeat for some reason but on par with the average data I accumulated on the Y2K. This is only basing on the one first log of the BW based turbo.
Back pressure is within a few KPA of the Y2K and reading higher.
Basically very happy so far and is better than what I expected considering its not a ball bearing and has a much larger OD compressor and more mass to turn.

Allan G.

But this is not with your new tranny mods? Looks like good results, that y2k was a POS.....