FINALLY !!!! got my great grand fathers gun MODEL 99 SAVAGE 303

That's a great idea!!!! Especially since I'm in the city and that wouldn't cause to many problems.

Some places don't allow you to shoot a BB gun in the city limits so check first. Fort Worth doesn't allow it but I don't know about Dallas. Here it doesn't really matter since I'm in the country though.;)

THIS GUN KEEPS GETTING COOLER AND COOLER !!! i had often heard around the house it was a take down but as ignorant as i am on the subject i didnt know that meant it could come apart. thanks charlie for cluing me in on what that meant. pop the wood off and open the action and give the barrel a 1/4 turn and it comes right off !!!! not all the 99's do this? how do you tell if your looking online on gunbroker and the guy doesnt tell you its a take down whats diffrent? thanks guys
P1010127.jpg
Damn, James!! Now all you need is a violin case, a suit, brim hat, a Lucky Strike cigarette, sunglasses, a 1931 Cadillac V-16 sedan, a gun moll, and you'll be the town's premier hit man up there!!!! Cool! I'm sure the Giacanna gang will give you a call soon!!!!!!Good pay, great benifits! Free bullets!

Wow. Your Model 99! I have one also, made in 1949, real pretty....great gun. Loud, like my .44. Nice one you got here..it's beautiful.....I'm happy for you.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce your back !!!!!!! I haven't seen you around lately under either of your screen names and was concerned for you since I knew the last year or so you had some bad luck ! I was about to put out another post looking for you ! Thanks for the compliments on my 1899 I left it sitting on the floor for a week that way when I was watching tv I could look at it . Been on gunbroker studying up on the 1899-99 models trying to figure out all the differences which I still haven't but I talked to a older gun shop owner the other day which knew quite a bit about these and he clued me in a little bit.

I hope all is going well and don't be a stranger around here!