"FASTEST BUICK ON THE PLANET" - To Be Determined @ Bpg

Mike, what is your fastest 1/4 mile pass? Just wondering if turbodragster needs to better his 6.51 ;)

Mike, what is your fastest 1/4 mile pass? Just wondering if turbodragster needs to better his 6.51 ;)

Cal, Honestely I have never made a 1/4 mile pass with this combo!!! I have run to the 1000' mark and went I think 7.12 at like 156 mph. To be honest with you Im not realy looking forward to making a 1/4 mile pass and I dont think that Barry is either!!! 200 mph plus at Columbus is asking for trouble.
But I believe it will happen!!! Semi - looking forward to it!!! Mike:rolleyes:

No!! Its a 215" , and that creats its own issues!! Mike:rolleyes:

Oh!!!!
:eek:

I think maybe another inch or two might make you feel better. :biggrin:

I was just looking at a Horton 225" hard tail sitting next to a new Worthy 240" hot rod. I was thinking about what the ride would be like in the old Horton with a turbo power plant. I just keep getting visions of everyone looking at you when you stage wondering which way it's going, kinda like those crazy guy's in their altered's....

Oh!!!!

I was just looking at a Horton 225" hard tail sitting next to a new Worthy 240" hot rod. I was thinking about what the ride would be like in the old Horton with a turbo power plant. I just keep getting visions of everyone looking at you when you stage wondering which way it's going, kinda like those crazy guy's in their altered's....
my car is a worthy 240''
top drgatser double slip joint its works good with the v6

I always seemed to miss you guy's when you were down here. I did see you one night down at Immokalee for a quick 16 race. I was busy and didn't get a chance to come by and meet you. You guy's seemed to be having some tranny problems that night, so it didn't seem like a good time to shoot the crap anyway. I'll get a chance to catch up with you one day and get a good look at that hot rod. She's looking great and running some big boy numbers, keep up the good work...

Hey, didn't you guy's have that bar stool go-cart rig, or something like that?

Oh!!!!

Pretty much just finished up completely rewiring this car so I could move a little more weight to the nose. Thats my solution to the longer wheelbase!!:eek: But if the front wheels arent firmly planted on the ground I cannot stear this thing, and that sucks!!!;) Mike:cool:

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 338
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 334
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 327
Mike how about a few pictures of the whole car. I am very interested to see as many unique cars as possible that people put their heart into.
turbodragster glad to here the damage was not to bad. I am glad I got to see your "car" in person very nice.
As for what Sean said with the Dragster / Altered race class for next year how many people would be interested in it? I am getting things in line to do this at both the GSCA Nationals and the BPG Nationals.

I guess I should introduce myself:D I am John Everett "the guy with the Nailhead powered front engine dragster". I also ran our car at Beach Bend this year for the first pass and fire-up in the new car. The car is an 07 top fuel certified 200" FED. The engine is a 1965 Buick 425 Nailhead with a cam driven fuel pump and 8 stack Hilborn. We are running methanol with nitro, no radiator or water pump,although we do have water in the block to stabilize the heads. We are running with a set of points, trans brake, starter and 1100 amp plate battery. The car has been a blast to drive, eventhough I too am learning how to tune a whole new breed of car and fuel.

Anyone interested in this Race Class please let me know. jesupercat@yahoo.com

Attached is a shot of our car at the GS Nats 08 last run.

Attachments

• 517nightwaitingstill2.jpg
    517nightwaitingstill2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 313
John, Sorry for the delay. I had to get some help from my wife to get these pics into a folder that I could handle. Both turbo dragster and I would be very interested in a class that includes our cars. Although I still dont understand why we arent included in the quick 8 or 16??? Here are a few older pics of my car. Mike:cool:

Attachments

• dragster 14.JPG
    dragster 14.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 258
  • dragster 1.JPG
    dragster 1.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 287
  • dragster 5.jpg
    dragster 5.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 264
Mike thanks for the Pictures, looks good. So do you have any Night shots?
I have made ten passes with our car so far with only using 1st gear. 2nd gear has low fluid pressure for some reason. I have not pulled the trans yet but was told it is most likely a seal issue that is causing the problem.
I am running on a set of well used/old M/T 10.5X31X15 = hard .
The car has run a best 60' of 1.29, 330' of 3.69(end of first gear) 660' of 6.01@98mph 1/4 10.99 @99mph. Again we have only made 10 passes with the car. I can't wait to see how it does when I find where 2nd gear went, and the new tires are on (M/T 11X33X15). The engine is still running very rich(engine temp drops 25-30 degrees during the run), I will lean it out some on the next time out.

As for the reason there is an issue with the Dragsters running with the Door cars, "WE" do not look like a Buick.:biggrin: . Also it has been said that Dragsters are extremely consistant, and I would think this scares the competition. If we run faster than some of the regular Folks in the premiere class, we bump them from thier regular spot in the class. This is a concern that I have been told......
My Idea is to have the Winner of the Dragster class to run for King of The Hill against the winner of Super 16 if they are willing to run against us.

Send me your ideas on this class, ie; limited rules, ideas ,and ladder system, to jesupercat@yahoo.com .

The shot below is from Bowling Green this year. I ran the engine out of fuel so I wouldn't have to drain the tank. That's my story and I'm sticking to it:biggrin: .

Attachments

• 517hightbgstill2.jpg
    517hightbgstill2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 240
Hey Guys

We can add an asterisk after the fastest Buick on the planet just like baseball*

becuz of different variables that it was achieved...

yeah thats my story... lol

I like it fast and I want to see it, just being there is sooooo much better... The vendors, tuners, engine builders and racers, it is a team effort, I don't see anybody doing IT by themself... look at GS Nats, there is the staging person, crew chief, it helps to see what and where you can improve and a little tweaking is made and back to the track or back to fixing broken parts...

When we say the fastest, the track will only allow what the conditions allow... 2 days at BPG or 5 days at GS Nats, there is always next year!

One thing I do see is that PTC converters are on WINNING cars or top qualifiers for Turbo Classes of GS Nats...

Fastest of the fastest is better each year and driving the et's lower and increasing MPH (who cares about mpg)

Thanks to Dusty Bradford a PTC converter will be in mine!!! I just hope it all comes together!!! Cant wait!!! Mike;)