"FASTEST BUICK ON THE PLANET" - To Be Determined @ Bpg

BlownV6

The BPG board of directors have invited me (blown v6) and (turbo dragster) to a little match race at the BPG event. I believe this head to head battle of the dragsters might deserve the title "FASTEST BUICK ON THE PLANET", and may provide the fastest run ever made at a Buick event , the fastest run ever made by a Buick powered vehicle , and the fastest side by side pass of Buick powered vehicles EVER in history!!!!

Anybody know what the fastest and quickest runs ever made by a Buick are??

Please advise!!! Inquiring minds need to know!!! Be at the BPG event and witness a little history!!!! Thanks Mike:cool:

What times do you guys hope to run? I can't wait for this:cool:

we are hoping that this will be a prelude to 2009 where we hope to have a dragster/altered class already have a nitro burning nail head that has found sponsorship and possibly another car that will be interested....

That would be a site to see. I hope all the cards line up for you guys and we see some sub 6 sec times. But "FASTEST BUICK ON THE PLANET", I don't think you can desrve that in a dragster. That IMO has to be in a Turbo Regal Body to get those kudo's. But if a title has to be given, I would say ,"THE FASTEST TURBOV6 POWERED DRIVETRAINS", cause a dragster is not a car. Should be interesting. All the best.

At first when i heard about these cars i thought no big deal, but after B.G. i was very impressed and thought turbodragsters car was really cool!
Was really cool to see it go down the track as well!
Nice to see how fast a stage II buick can really go!
By the way, did you figure out what went wrong on number 5?

That would be a site to see. I hope all the cards line up for you guys and we see some sub 6 sec times. But "FASTEST BUICK ON THE PLANET", I don't think you can desrve that in a dragster. That IMO has to be in a Turbo Regal Body to get those kudo's. But if a title has to be given, I would say ,"THE FASTEST TURBOV6 POWERED DRIVETRAINS", cause a dragster is not a car. Should be interesting. All the best.
in some peoples eyes regals are the only buicks. its funny how those who think that are the ones with regals. maybe we should have a class with rules that only let you race and we can just give you the title as fastest buick. im not complainin but when you call a spade a spade, how much regal is in a tube chassis fiberglass body prostoker. maybe they got just as much regal as me. i hate pulling that card but its the truth. i ran 6.51 @ 207 three years ago and nobody gave me no kind of credit for doing whats never beeen done. you know how hard it is investing money in somthing no one wants to see you get credit. i guess ill just stay home and leave the buicks to you. in your eyes i dont have a buick anyways.
P.S. i guess allen johnson dosent tune race CARS , and i guess mikes even more screwed with a blower .

hers a pic of two guys who would argue your point.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 488
At first when i heard about these cars i thought no big deal, but after B.G. i was very impressed and thought turbodragsters car was really cool!
Was really cool to see it go down the track as well!
Nice to see how fast a stage II buick can really go!
By the way, did you figure out what went wrong on number 5?

we just lifted the head no big deal if your not breakin it your not pushing it!

If it has a Buick Engine....then its the fastest Buick no mater what body or frame.....I think you guys are doing a great job getting the Buick name out there...keep it up...

6.50's:eek: Congrats! That is badazz!

You can call it what you want. We will hopefully being laying down a title of xxxxxx soon with the TurboBuick.com car:biggrin:

Let me clear a few things up for you. I have never owned a regal or GN or anything that had a turbo charger on it. I have proudly owned and raced a stage 2 powered car of some sort since around 1980. Because of a back injury I could no longer lay under a race car as before ,so I sold my pride and joy. After a year layoff from racing my back seemed to getting better, I still had the racing bug but knew that I needed to get something that was easier to work on. I bought a dragster and put my stage 2 in it. It went 7.96 @ 167 normally asperated. Wanting to go faster and being completely computer and turbo illerate I choose to supercharge it. Well the rest is history and I have reached and passed every goal that I have set except my last one!!! I want to go 3.999 in the 660'. Weather you choose to accept it or not , my car is a BUICK powered race car!!! Its not a cross dressed street car with AC and power windows. It has only one purpose in its life span ,and that is to go as fast as its master is capable of making it go.

Also please note this , I dont have a fast or big stuff or any type of spark/ fuel management control system. What I set the the distributor at and the amount of fuel the engine sees is set by me in the pits before the run. As you may imagine ,This is not the ideal situation.

But as the title says ,in front of a group of our piers , I believe that one of us will walk away with the title " FASTEST BUICK ON THE PLANET" Mike:cool:

At least both these dragster Buicks are BLACK so they must be more Buick than Blues or Reds or Silvers or Purples or Yellers in some peoples minds.

Sorry to have offend you guys, that certainly was not my intention. It is just MY opinion which really accounts for nothing. I think what you are doing is amazing and it was a blast watching you in BG rip down the track. But when I saw the title of the fastest Buick on the Planet, I was expectations were like, " theres another GN looking for the title. I guess I am not acustomed to hearing that. My buddy owns a 280ZX that has a StagedII motor in it that ran 7.80, and he always refers to it as a hybrid powered 280ZX not a Buick. So I guess it is just what I am used to hearing.
Didn't mean to discredit your accomplishments by any means. i just think a Buick fits a Buick title wether its tube chassised or not, It still ressembles my car. But again thats just my view, not the masses. Don't take y comments as a jab. Up until this year you have opened eyes of every Buick powered enthusiast around with a 6 sec pass. That is crazy. Keep up the good works guys and keep her shinny side up.:D

Sorry to have offend you guys, that certainly was not my intention. It is just MY opinion which really accounts for nothing. I think what you are doing is amazing and it was a blast watching you in BG rip down the track. But when I saw the title of the fastest Buick on the Planet, I was expectations were like, " theres another GN looking for the title. I guess I am not acustomed to hearing that. My buddy owns a 280ZX that has a StagedII motor in it that ran 7.80, and he always refers to it as a hybrid powered 280ZX not a Buick. So I guess it is just what I am used to hearing.
Didn't mean to discredit your accomplishments by any means. i just think a Buick fits a Buick title wether its tube chassised or not, It still ressembles my car. But again thats just my view, not the masses. Don't take y comments as a jab. Up until this year you have opened eyes of every Buick powered enthusiast around with a 6 sec pass. That is crazy. Keep up the good works guys and keep her shinny side up.:D

No offense taken!!! Thanks for the comments. Mike:cool:

no offense at all racing is, 80% talking crap and 20% actual racing;)