FAST XFI, Bigstuff, Megasquirt, GEN II,?

Easiest, and Best way, may not be synonomous. Megasquirt is a DIY system (ready for that?) XFI, and Bigstuff are very powerfull and quite $$$$$, but closer to "plug n play".
GEN II is a MAF translator, not a stand alone ECM like the others mentioned.

Why do you feel the need to upgrade to aftermarket ECM?

I have worked with all of the above...............and the FAST XFI is the easiest to understand with best graphs and ease of data logging.

Take a look at the new Holley system......

I have the software......... I don;t like it compared to the fast, I don;t like BS3 either, with numbers numbers instead of graphs for things like warmup and after start enrichment, just not my style. This is what I suggest to anyone, download the software, read the manual, play & browse the software, and make a decision with something that you think you can understand, before buying anything. The Holley has some nice features, but its too complicated for me, and the ve tables are too hard to read.(numbers too small)

If you are not familiar with tuning, you will have the best results with the gen2.

If you are not familiar with tuning, you will have the best results with the gen2.

But as I stated, it's an unfair comparison. The GEN II is NOT a stand alone ECM like the others mentioned. It's a translator.

Downloading all of the different tuning software is great advice.

I went Megasquirt 3 because of the combination of capabilities and price. The enormous amount of knowledge I now know has reinsured me that I would never have chosen any other way.

i didnt think the BS3 software was bad. the support for the unit didnt exist at all, so if i had a question, i had to figure out the answer on my own or ask people in forums whom used BS3

i didnt think the BS3 software was bad. the support for the unit didnt exist at all, so if i had a question, i had to figure out the answer on my own or ask people in forums whom used BS3
Its not bad, I just don;t like the idea of using numbers instead of nice graphs for certain things, its not visual enough.

I am re-visiting the holley stuff, it does have many things I like, but the layout could be better I need full size tables with bold numbers.

That's how I got my car. The guy was talked into BS3 and never got the car to run right, and pushed him out the door, then he couldn't find support to figure it out, got frustrated and that's how I got it. I mean how hard can it be right!!!

Thank god for Slimtastic, I was ready to yank it all out and go back stock. Because of Slims patients and knowledge I am getting a handle on it and it is running a whole ton better.

Well Larry, you need to have patience and thoroughly read all the manuals, and tune the car at every different temperature for cold start, but its dialed in it should run fine. The chips are more forgiving in this area.

Ya I read the manuals a hundred times. Only after having Cam helping me did I start to understand what they was talking about. Alot of it is still French to me but it is getting better.

I also think that there are so many guys running FAST I don't know why you would run anything else unless you are very familiar with tunning and don't need the help.

I use MS3 but I don't think it's a good idea for your regular Joe wanting a Stand Alone. As stated above you need to have a very good understanding of the electrical system of the turbo Buick and it's engine along with a good understanding of tuning. But as far as cost goes it is extremely cheap and has tons and tons of capabilities that will test those of any aftermarket system.

,Dan

I'm ready to make the upgrade. What is the easiest and best way to go?

I am very biased, but on a turbobuick, I think the XFI is the easiest way to go. The Casper adaptor harness makes it pretty much plug and play and it allows you to run boost control, TCC, EGR, etc... without any additional wiring. You can also log fuel and oil pressure without any cutting or splicing.

Shameless plug: No matter what system you buy, the customer support is going to be critical. We include a custom startup program in every system we sell and are at the events supporting our customers.

Can't help but chime in with my 2cents....installed the XFI 18 months ago and have really enjoyed the learning process.
The system is the cats azz...and if you happen to purchase it from Hartline, you get all the tech help from Cal that you need to understand what's happenin.
Ask me how I know !!!
And my daily driver has been running perfect since installation....... 10,000 mi and 81 passes..... good investment....

it is fairly impossible not to be 100% satisfied when dealing with cal Hartline.his start up tune is almost flawless and any additional help you might need is just a phone call away.cal has gone above and beyond in his help with me and I'm fairly sure that holds true with all of his other customers also.the xfi is my favorite over all the others and having cal at your disposal just makes it an even easier decision.