FAST Datalogger Mount...23 pics inside

GNAT87

Been working on getting my Dash/Datalogger mounted. Still aways from where I want it but its coming together. Try some different fasteners and black powdercoat and it should look great. Its a 4 piece bracket thats adjustable from side to side. Can engrave anything on it, no problem. Very stable as well. This one is the prototype, but tell me what you think. Got a couple more projects in the works but thats it for now. A couple of pictures are just our machine shop, production work...

23 Pics below......enjoy:cool:

GNAT87 pictures by GnatZ71 - Photobucket

If you plan on selling that puppy you better patent it, before someone sends them out to china to be made..:rolleyes: very unique piece thanks for sharing.

If you plan on selling that puppy you better patent it, before someone sends them out to china to be made..:rolleyes: very unique piece thanks for sharing.

The Chi-com's dont care about patents. That's only going to do you good in countries that respect the rule of law.

Nice unit, man. Good work!!

Not too much worried about a patent yet until I get the finish product. We will make changes to this one and are working on another style now. Ive got a vendor im going to send a couple to once its right. The screen position turned out great, I couldnt be happier. I think once its finished and we start putting on vendor logos or any engraving, offer it anodized or powdercoated its going to be a cool piece. Right now its just the beginning, im young and just dipping my feet into the automotive market. Ive got the resources and willing to take the chance, hopefully ill get out some more products soon and see what happens from there. Got some cool ideas we are working on.

Sam, dont let me fool you i dont know too much about solid works. Ive grown up at this shop and try to play around with the machines and on the computer every chance I get. Learning as I go. That drawing was something I got one of the machinist to do. They seem to like it alot. All of our programming is Master Cam.

I appreciate all the replies, keep them coming

Thanks guys:cool:

I agree on the patent. You never know when a Chinese style knockoff or reverse engineering as some say might take place.

Very nice job.

anyone need solid works 2009? ;)
Already got it.

Sam, dont let me fool you i dont know too much about solid works. Ive grown up at this shop and try to play around with the machines and on the computer every chance I get. Learning as I go.

I appreciate all the replies, keep them coming

Thanks guys:cool:

Juding by your talent, I don't think it would take you long to learn it. It is always good to have people with a creative mind sitting behind a computer equiped with that software.

I would also agree on a patent, but you just disclosed it publicly without a patent pending notice. Too bad.

That looks pretty frequent awesome. Nice work! Was looking into getting ones of those at one time when I actually owned a car...:mad: but could not decide where it would look right. That looks great!

Well I saw your thread with the stage 2 silver T...how about you just get with me when you pick it up and we will make a deal on one;) .....thanks for the compliments.

Ive got a couple people that have asked me about these, I will post pics of the finished product here in the next week or so and will let you know when we start our first small production run and see where it goes.

Edit: typo in first post.....Patent Pending;)

Looks great Taylor...innovation keeps goin and goin and goin. Just as long as folks still love these V6's people with talent will make parts.

Thanks for adding to the community.

You comin to Hub for Fat Tues?... If not, you need to change your mind.:eek:

It's rumored that certain members of the Pine Tree Posse and DSR will be in rare form...;) :cool: :biggrin:

Chris you can count me in, ill be there to watch. Im ready! The PTP was telling me how crazy it is so ive got to see for myself.

I appreciate the compliments as well:cool:

I mean the Christmas party was great at Adam's but I cant believe hes not having one for this!;);) ;) . But really itll be good to see all you guys and girls again!

Chris you can count me in, ill be there to watch. Im ready! The PTP was telling me how crazy it is so ive got to see for myself.

I appreciate the compliments as well:cool:

I mean the Christmas party was great at Adam's but I cant believe hes not having one for this!;);) ;) . But really itll be good to see all you guys and girls again!

Have no fear, me and the ghetto grill are coming to Fat Tuesday!!

Great looking work, I am still trying to decide how to mount mine! Have you tried the shift light function on the screen, wondering how it performed?