fan speed

Do i need to disconnect the 3wire plug leading to the resistor before i run a wire to the battery??

No need to, and doing so would also open the ground for the fan motor. Don't even need to key-on, just open the hood and run the wire from battery + to each end of the resistor (one at a time).

Also what u call the (fan power wire) comes from a switch i have inside the car & i believe i have it connected to the bottom DS of the resistor. should it be moved to the top of the resistor for hi speed power supply?

This is not the correct way of doing it. The switch should ground the minus side of the relay coil. So that power flows through the relay, not the switch. Doing it this way is a fire hazard, I would remove it.

RemoveBeforeFlight

If you have low speed fan, then the power is going thru the resistor. That's what the resistor does is it reduces the voltage for low fan speed

Run a 8 gauge wire from top to bottom of the resistor, now when the fan comes on, it will always be high!

If you have low speed fan, then the power is going thru the resistor. That's what the resistor does is it reduces the voltage for low fan speed

Run a 8 gauge wire from top to bottom of the resistor, now when the fan comes on, it will always be high!
Does not speed up the fan!.

Ok this exactly how the wires are ran so if something is a miss someone please let me know how to straighten it out.. Ok so the plug from the car that leads to the resistor is wired like this ( all blk wire from plug goes to the top terminal on the fan motor, the blk/pink wire goes to the top of the resistor which is also jumped to the lower terminal of the fan motor, the blk/red wire from the plug is cut off attached to nothing, and i believe the only qire attached to the bottom of the resistor comes from the switch inside the car that cuts on the fan (and is the only source to cut on the fan)..

Ok this exactly how the wires are ran so if something is a miss someone please let me know how to straighten it out.. Ok so the plug from the car that leads to the resistor is wired like this ( all blk wire from plug goes to the top terminal on the fan motor, the blk/pink wire goes to the top of the resistor which is also jumped to the lower terminal of the fan motor, the blk/red wire from the plug is cut off attached to nothing, and i believe the only qire attached to the bottom of the resistor comes from the switch inside the car that cuts on the fan (and is the only source to cut on the fan)..
CUT ON THE FAN????? Your fan relays are bad and so is the wiring, this is why someone ran a wire to the switch...... Your issue isnt bypassing the resistor to turn it on, your issue is you have cut wires, bad relays or a bad coolant switch.
DOES THE FAN COME ON WHEN YOU TURN ON THE AIR CONDITIONING?

CUT ON THE FAN????? Your fan relays are bad and so is the wiring, this is why someone ran a wire to the switch...... Your issue isnt bypassing the resistor to turn it on, your issue is you have cut wires, bad relays or a bad coolant switch.
DOES THE FAN COME ON WHEN YOU TURN ON THE AIR CONDITIONING?
So i got it to run on hi speed by doing away with the resistor all together & connecting the on/off switch wire inside of the car to the bottom fan terminal along with the middle blk/pink wire from the cars wiring plug & wahlah its on hi speed whenever i turn it on from i side of the car!

So i got it to run on hi speed by doing away with the resistor all together & connecting the on/off switch wire inside of the car to the bottom fan terminal along with the middle blk/pink wire from the cars wiring plug & wahlah its on hi speed whenever i turn it on from i side of the car!

So, the load is still thru the interior sw, just as you've been warned not to do??

So, the load is still thru the interior sw, just as you've been warned not to do??
it has been ran from the switch for about 6 years now with no issues other than me not realizing it was only running on low speed.. What is the proper way to use a switch as for as how to wire it?

What is the proper way to use a switch as for as how to wire it?

1. Find the wiring schematic for the fan.
There are several devices that need to be investigated. They are on the drwgs. The schematics are available at the vortex Buick site.
2. Trace and verify circuitry as per the schematic. IE: Volts/grnds where they should/should not be.
3. Fish or cut bait time: Decide to repair the original, or install a relay, and use the switch.

Send me yur email addy. I'll send you some info.