fan speed

buickGN3:16

i would like to have my fan run on high speed all the time. i have read some threads on jumping the wires going into the resistor but none of them are clear enuf for me to understand exactly what i need to do? a little more info would be greatly appreciated.. thanks

Remove the wire / ring terminal that is attached the the resistor all by itself. It should be on the lower drivers side of the resistor.
Attach it to the upper passenger side of the resistor along with the other two wires / ring terminals.
Just for some clarification, the lower DS wire is the low speed trigger from the temp sensor. The upper right PS wires are the high speed / AC trigger wire and the fan supply wire.
By moving the low speed trigger wire the power no longer goes through the resistor, making the fan go slow.
The fan only goes fast.
I hope this helps.

Remove the wire / ring terminal that is attached the the resistor all by itself. It should be on the lower drivers side of the resistor.
Attach it to the upper passenger side of the resistor along with the other two wires / ring terminals.
Just for some clarification, the lower DS wire is the low speed trigger from the temp sensor. The upper right PS wires are the high speed / AC trigger wire and the fan supply wire.
By moving the low speed trigger wire the power no longer goes through the resistor, making the fan go slow.
The fan only goes fast.
I hope this helps.
l will give it a shot.. thanks much for the info

so i removed the lower single wire to the top of the resistor with the other 2 wires & now i have no fan running at all??

so i removed the lower single wire to the top of the resistor with the other 2 wires & now i have no fan running at all?? i put it back to the bottom & i have low speed again. could this be a bad hi speed relay?

so i removed the lower single wire to the top of the resistor with the other 2 wires & now i have no fan running at all?? i put it back to the bottom & i have low speed again. could this be a bad hi speed relay?

That has me baffled.
Both the lower temp (low speed wire) and the hi temp/ AC on (high speed wire) are 12v. The fan turns slow because the lower temp wire goes through the resistor reducing the voltage to the fan.
Connecting the lower temp wire the the fan power wire should make it run fast.
I have to admit I don't know how the fan relays come into play.

That has me baffled.
Both the lower temp (low speed wire) and the hi temp/ AC on (high speed wire) are 12v. The fan turns slow because the lower temp wire goes through the resistor reducing the voltage to the fan.
I dont know if it matters but i noticed that one of the 3 wires coming from the plug connector that leads to the resistor is cut off. if the clip that disconnects the plug is facing upward it is the far left wire that is cut. any thoughts on this?

That has me baffled.
I dont know if it matters but i noticed that one of the 3 wires coming from the plug connector that leads to the resistor is cut off. if the clip that disconnects the plug is facing upward it is the far left wire that is cut. any thoughts on this?

I was able to look at mine last night.
Looking at the plug attached to the car, disconnecting clip up, the left wire on mine is the low temp wire, the middle is the high temp wire and the one on the right is the ground wire.
It seems that if that wire is cut you would have no low speed fan function.
Or if it's the plug attached to the fan, the wires would be reversed and the ground wire is cut.
Is there a stay wire that could be reconnected?

Looking at the plug attached to the car, disconnecting clip up, the left wire on mine is the low temp wire, the middle is the high temp wire and the one on the right is the ground wire.
Or if it's the plug attached to the fan, the wires would be reversed and the ground wire is cut.
Yes with the connector clip disconnect facing up the left side wire is cut but has about 3" left sticking out of the plug so there is enuf to reconnect if needed.

Yes the left side wire has 3" left sticking out of the plug from where it was cut.

That has me baffled.
The cut wire is blk/red which should come from the low speed relay, should that wire be re-attached & connected to the top (passenger side) of the resistor? could this be why i have no hi speed operation?

well nevermind. i connected the cut wire to the top of the resistor & nothing happened!! could i possibly unhook the plug & run a hot wire to from the battery to one of fan terminals to test the fan operation with 12volts straight from the battery? shouldnt i get hi speed then?

Yes & yes. The black wire going to the fan is ground, which is always connected.

The lower terminal on the fan resistor is low speed. With the upper terminal on the resistor being high speed. Just jump it to + on the battery.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Yes & yes. The black wire going to the fan is ground, which is always connected.

The lower terminal on the fan resistor is low speed. With the upper terminal on the resistor being high speed. Just jump it to + on the battery.

RemoveBeforeFlight
I will give this a shot and see what happens. thanks!

That has me baffled.
Also what u call the (fan power wire) comes from a switch i have inside the car & i believe i have it connected to the bottom DS of the resistor. should it be moved to the top of the resistor for hi speed power supply?