Exhaust system

Only a six

Got. 5300 miles on my 87 GN has original exhaust on it want to get polished stainless cat back system any suggestions on which one to get thanks for ideas Pete

http://buickgn.com/CatBack.htm

cat_back4.jpg

Great exhaust. Only downside is way tail pipes mount,but if youre bringing to exh shop theyll set it up right

Hi Mark nice system what kind is it and how much is it ? I live in Pittsburgh Pa

I actually lucked out and bought that system from someone local brand new. I still have it in the box if you want to check out the quality before purchasing, but that system is definitely the way to go. And no it's not for sale.:D

All info is on our site if you click on the link. Have had it on my GN for years and still looks lilke new. Tailpipes have been redesigned for easier installation.

Reviving an old thread here as I am seriously considering the exhaust pictured above from TR Custom Parts. On the webiste, I see pictures of two different style tips. I am not referring to the hanger design. Rather, I am making note of a difference in the the way the tip is cut. I like one over the other - so I am wondering which of the two I will receive when I do order. Since they only communicate via email, its going to be hard for me to discuss my query - hence giving me a degree of uncertainty to boot. Attached are the pics of the two style tips. Anyone know which one it is that I will receive? Is it tip 1 or tip 2
Thanks,
Vito

Attachments

• stainless exh tip 1.jpg
    stainless exh tip 1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 240
  • stainless exh tip 2.jpg
    stainless exh tip 2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 225
All you had to do was email me and I would have got right back to you. 2nd pic is what the tips look like. Have a system ready to go on a car I am working on.

tips.jpg

TR,
I appreciate the reply...didn't realize were accessible this easy. I'm new to this forum - my apologies.
System looks impressive...any chance I can order with the older style tips. I much prefer that look over the newer style. This will be my last question on the exhaust through this forum. I will take it via email going forward.
Thanks

Why are the exhaust cut this way now? I noticed the Pypes system is cut this was as well. I personally prefer the old style cut better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drone, drone............... Look into a three muffler system to eliminate all drone. Only way to currently build it is by a talented fabricator. Please........ Some of you vendors offer one. We are running 9.9's @136 with one and it is the ONLY system that completely eliminates the terrible drone these cars have. Anyone that claims their system is free of drone, ride in a car with the three muffler system and tell me your system is equal. Anyone want to take the challenge? Bueller........Bueller......

Please step up and make a three muffler system. Not easy, but doable. I'm tired of making them one at a time. One of you vendors can do it. Contact me if you need info.

Drone, drone............... Look into a three muffler system to eliminate all drone. Only way to currently build it is by a talented fabricator. Please........ Some of you vendors offer one. We are running 9.9's @136 with one and it is the ONLY system that completely eliminates the terrible drone these cars have. Anyone that claims their system is free of drone, ride in a car with the three muffler system and tell me your system is equal. Anyone want to take the challenge? Bueller........Bueller......

Please step up and make a three muffler system. Not easy, but doable. I'm tired of making them one at a time. One of you vendors can do it. Contact me if you need info.
The Pypes kit has very little drone if any. Most of my driving is in town with my car so I wanted something quiet. Only downside is it's a lesser grade of stainless. The 3 inch kit from TRCP is damn nice though. Definitely show quality stuff from what I've seen in person. Wish they offered a 2.5 system similar to the pypes setup, I would have went that route.

I have that TR customs setup and my sh!t drones..... Lol. I have had friends not want to cruise with me by of it.... Lol. Prob will try the Pypes. I will admit the TR setup is damn nice if not more than damn nice...... I love the way it looks on the car

I have that TR customs setup and my sh!t drones..... Lol. I have had friends not want to cruise with me by of it.... Lol. Prob will try the Pypes. I will admit the TR setup is damn nice if not more than damn nice...... I love the way it looks on the car

Did you get to try the Dynomax VT mufflers yet ?

Bryan

I have not as of yet. I need to get under there and verify that the VT muffler will fit. It is a straight thru, no offset design. I really need to do this soon