Everything but Spark

milesengineer2

Alright, after four months of searching, machining, researching, discussing, looking and most importantly CUSSING I have come to the crucial point of starting my car. Turn the key, ahhhhh fuel pump is making sounds, good sign, hit the key the car cranks, hey this is getting good, turn it over, oil pressure starts to build, and..................................... nothing. The car will not fire!!!!! I know compression is good, pulled out the plugs and they are fine and gapped properly. Took a plug and grounded it out and cranked the car, no spark.
I set the camshaft sensor using the proper tool, but the only thing that I am unsure of is the crank sensor. There are not any clear cut articles that I can find to set it. I replaced the coil pack and am for sure that it is hooked up properly, so where do I go from here?? I know that it is going to be something small, like a sensor or ground or something piddly like that, so all you guys out there lend me a hand or at least a suggestion. Thanks

I do not know for sure that the injectors are pulsing, but I do know that I have great fuel pressure. The crank sensor sounds like the culprit to me as well, but how do you set it? Any suggestions?

place a small piece of cardboard- {book of matches flip out piece} to set the distance of the crank sensor to interrupter ring-

has your car really been broke for 4 months :confused:

Ok i think that I can handle the matchbook method.

Yes the car has been down for four months, two and a half waiting for a suitable crank. The rest for machining and assembly and dropping back into the car, a little bit at a time.

I have checked the ecm plug to make sure that it has power into and out of the plug, where else do I check?

Well other than a leak down test is there anyway to find out if they are pulsing, i do know that i am getting raw fuel out of the tail pipe so that tells me that I am getting fuel out of it somewhere

Tuning software will tell you how long the injector is pulsing for(in ms). You can usually feel the injector plunger actuating by placing your finger on the lower part of the injector body. Also take a test light and test the injector. Hook the test light up to a ground and lightly push the tip into the weather connector of the injector clip. The test light should flicker when the ecm sends the signal to the injector. If it isn't firing when it's supposed to(crank sensor) it may be dumping to much fuel in there and squashing the spark..

The TTA has come to life

Guys thanks a million, come to find out it was a blown fuse in the fuse box, the one for the fuel pump i believe. Changed it and she fired right up, WHOOOOAAAAA HOOOOOOOOO!! So I guess that the injectors were not pulsing. Anyway I ran it for about ten minutes and it blew another fuse, not a big deal will find that culprit somewhere, anyway she is now running.

Thanks Guys for all the Help, even you Razor, lol.

Re: The TTA has come to life

Originally posted by milesengineer2
Guys thanks a million, come to find out it was a blown fuse in the fuse box, the one for the fuel pump i believe. Changed it and she fired right up, WHOOOOAAAAA HOOOOOOOOO!! So I guess that the injectors were not pulsing. Anyway I ran it for about ten minutes and it blew another fuse, not a big deal will find that culprit somewhere, anyway she is now running.

Thanks Guys for all the Help, even you Razor, lol.

you have power going to ground somewhere in your electrical harness-
i would start with the starter wires and make sure non are touching the header or frame-

glad to see its running smoothly :)

dont forget to break the cam in correctly if its a new one