esp twin turbo? is it worth it?

Hello to all. We will be at Cecil County Dragway, for the Buick Regionals, Oct 13-14. This will be the first time out this year for us and our ESP Twin Turbo car. We made a few improvements and upgraded our heads. We are planning to drive the car down from Penn. and run mid 10s, off 18 psi of boost. This is one of the last Buick events on the east coast this year. We hope to have a good turn out since E-Town was kind-of-a rain out.

See you there.

about ESP

On the same note ! I ordered few parts from ESP ( JOHN ) myself some time ago , John shipped half of the order , charged my credit card for full amount , few weeks later still no parts .....I said give me a refund !!! .......... it took a month of John's lies to listen to , never gave me a refund ,I had to file a complaint through my credit card bank to get my money back , sorry ,ESP are sorry lossers !!!

Wow those are some pretty inflamatory remarks there... especially for only one post.... I smell Bull****...

ESP Products said:
Hello to all. We will be at Cecil County Dragway, for the Buick Regionals, Oct 13-14. This will be the first time out this year for us and our ESP Twin Turbo car. We made a few improvements and upgraded our heads. We are planning to drive the car down from Penn. and run mid 10s, off 18 psi of boost. This is one of the last Buick events on the east coast this year. We hope to have a good turn out since E-Town was kind-of-a rain out.

See you there.

What fuel you plan on running? What to give any details on the car?

What fuel you plan on running? What to give any details on the car?
At the track we always run race fuel, why risk it.
Regarding our car - 1985 Regal (to be painted over the winter) ;) , Stock suspension with air bags, trailing arms, and rear sway bar. 2004R, ESP Twin Turbo 800 kit, and stock rear. We plan on driving the car 2+ hours down to Cecil and running mid 10 @ 18# of boost. We'll have to cut out early for a family function up in NJ, starting at 7:00.(too much detail? :) )

Hope this helps you.

We haven't looked at one recently to "measure" it up. We don't see a major problem. It may take a little more time to install, but we can do it. Bring the car up to us and we will look it over and give you an idea. The big thing to us is that, when it's done, it must look good too.

Hope this helps you.

We were at Cecil today for the Buick Regionals. We'll be back there Saturday too. First time out this year and we started off well. We are having trouble with our 60' time (1.62), but we ran 10.6 at 128.8 mph. We drove the car there and back, and ran through a full 3" exhaust. With a few adjustments we are looking to hit 10.5s. We thank you for the compliments that were given about the quality of our ESP Twin Turbo kit. Feel free to stop by with any questions.

Hope this helps you.

Saw the car from a distance but never got a chance for a close look. Hope to see it tomorrow.

With a few adjustments we are looking to hit 10.5s. We thank you for the compliments that were given about the quality of our ESP Twin Turbo kit. Feel free to stop by with any questions.
We barely got in before eliminations on Saturday. Showed up around 12:15-12:30, changed the street tires to slicks and got tech'ed in. Had one time run and pulled a 10.64 @ 129.43 MPH. We went right into eliminations, but had time to make adjustments. We broke out in the 3rd round with a 10.56 @ 130.58. Our best time of the day was a 10.53. All our runs were on 18 pound of boost and through a full 3 " exhaust system. Our 60' times were down from before (1.57) so were know we have better times ahead. Again, many comments and compliments on the appearance of our ESP Twin Turbo kit were offered, and we thank you. We also recieved some comments on the consistancy of the car in general. Our ETs and MPH range were only 0.23 seconds and 1.19 mph , for all of Saturday.
See you at Atco.

Awesome job! Car is a real sleeper! PS thanks for sponsoring the event again. Without sponsors we would not be able to payout $3500 in cash plus another $1500 in prizes! See you guys next year.

Thanks John. A new set of slicks should help us in the 60'.
We had an idea, but just confimed that our fuel pump could not keep up. We should have this all sorted out by the next Buick event. We are looking for 10.4s, and moving the mph up to 132+. If the pump works well, we may raise the boost off of 18#. Thanks again for the jacket.

We will be at Atco November 19th for the Mustang/ Buick Race. On the 11th is a BOP race too; I can't say for sure if we'll be there. It depends on our shop schedule. Last years Mustang Buick event was a good one.
Atco is still a hike for us. All tracks seem to be about 1-1/2 hours from our shop. We are trying to get our ESP 800 Twin Turbo car to all the local tracks this year.

Hope that helps you.

ESP Products said:
We will be at Atco November 19th for the Mustang/ Buick Race. On the 11th is a BOP race too; I can't say for sure if we'll be there. It depends on our shop schedule. Last years Mustang Buick event was a good one.
Atco is still a hike for us. All tracks seem to be about 1-1/2 hours from our shop. We are trying to get our ESP 800 Twin Turbo car to all the local tracks this year.

Hope that helps you.

yup helps a lot ... Melissa needs some track time and the track closes next week up here :redface: ... sooo maybe go down there rather than goin to Ga :p

We just made a fuel system upgrade to our ESP Twin Turbo R&D car last week. On the quick test run (no pun) we snapped the pin on the cam sensor gear:frown: . The dish is fine. I'm glad it happen right down the road from our shop and not on a run at the track, in another state. We should have this fixed up with a new unit on Monday. Isn't it funny how this little B-S happens, always at the last minute:smile: ?

The Mustang Vs Buick shoot-out had lots of Buicks there. A real good turn out. The day was slow though. Gates opened at 9:00 am, and we just missed the first run which were around 10:30. So our only time run was at 1:00. We ran 15 psi and we had a weak launch, 1.71. Only turned a 11.20 @ ?? mph.:frown: The first round, we hooked well with a 1.52 but the tune was not ready for the new fuel pump and injectors. We ran a weak 10.67 @ 124 with a 10.4 A/F and only 22 degrees timing. I don't know why it was set so low:confused: , maybe a safety cushion. We made some changes, but Atco was just running too slow and we left around 5:00, knowing we would be there awhile and maybe get one more run. Maybe this coming weekend will offer more runs.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Yes, we have an older FAST system. The two guys that are at our shop will also be MAfless. One is stand alone, the other will be Translator PRO.

Hope this helps you.

Quick note the trans Pro guy just changed to XFI. We Dyno'ed Saturday and made 480+ RWHP at just under 20 psi. He is running Iron CNC heads, roller cam, and stock bottom end. Stock bottom end means 20 years old.