engine running funny - bogging or stuttering

mista808

the other day i went to gas up cuz it was on "E", and it was bogging a little. i figured it was running off of fumes. so i went to chevron and put 92. drove off and around 1700rpm in 2nd+ gears it would begin to bog or stutter as if a plug wire was loose , or running off of fumes. i thought it might have been the chevron gas cuz i usually gas up on base cuz its cheaper.
now heres something else, after about 10-15 min of running, the service engine light will come on and the enigne will run better. when the light comes on, ill shut the car off then turn it back on and im back to the bogging again. any clues? the owners wife told me to knock on the MAP sensor to see if that was the problem but its not. or the O2 sensor could be bad. all help is appreciated.

I think she meant MAF ( mass air flow) sensor. Tap on it with a srewdriver handle a see if it stumbles, if it does it's bad. Did you check what code came up when the check engine light came on?

look at the coil pack get it tested. mine is doing the same thing. i think my new coil pack fixed it.

I'm also having the same problem. At first i thought it was the gas(just pulled it out of storage on Thurs) - so I siphoned as much as I could and filled her up with 92 - still missing or stuttering. I have replaced the plugs, wires and the coil pack. My mechanic is changing my DS header Monday - I'll ask him for his $0.02.

im thinking coil pack, or fuel pump....i have the same symptoms, but my check engine light doesnt come on

I looked at my last couple of runs on TLink - 1 with the old gas and then 1 with the new gas. The MAF looks reasonable. Bad fuel pump is a good one, what about the fuel filter? Anyone with these symptons change it recently?(I haven't). My engine lite does not come on - nor do I get a MALF in T Link.

on the scanmaster, theres two nukbers that are read on the malfunction codes. 44 and 45. does anyone know what those 2 are. i taped to MAF and nothing, even jiggled the plug on the MAF. made sure all the plugs were in. i dunno....

on gnttype.org, it says that malfunction codes 44 and 45 are Oxygen Sensor Circuits, Lean and Rich Exhaust. increased fuel delivery and decreased fuel delivery. i notcied that $5 gas doesnt last very long since this happened. when i start it up, itll rev to about 1700rpm and bogg up there for a while then drop to idle rpm's the drop even lower to about 500-600rpm's. when i gun it 90% throttle, it begins to bogg, but when i gradually gas it to 75% throttle its okay, only okay. could my have putting in 99% alcohol have caused something to go wrong? there was 1/3 of 77% alkyin the bottle, then i refilled the rest with 99% alky by accident. could i possibly reset these codes, just to see if it runs better and if that is the problem?

Well found out the cause of the stuttering or missing - the fuel filter - pretty ugly stuff comin out! Runs nice and smooth now! Just a little fine tuning on the IAC and I'm ready to go.:D