engine help; lean

BlackBettie6

boost addict
hey im new to the site but have been using it as a reference for over a year, you guys are the balls!
i have an 87 gn with t-tops (and a twisted frame) th350 shiftkit, lots of upgrades done when i bought it :(. i am running lean but sommetimes get a smell of unburnt fuel. ive sprayed the intake ,vac lines and intercooler plumbing with TB cleaner found one leak on drivers side. i am currently taking out egr valve ,looks like bad gasket, should i leave egr out and block or will i get probs? the symtoms i was having was rough idle (may be cammed?) slight high pitch wihstle during accel and past half throttle it sounds like somone is beating a drum under my hood. last problem is that on the highway in top gear (3rd) its seams like it shifts into one or two more gears and dogs bad also will not down shift (cable works). i turned the boost down to about 14 and have been babing the beast. No codes and i know the light works. and help would be greatly apreciated! thank you !----kyle

The kick down cable may have come lose at trans,or may have broke if it is not broke you will have to pull the pan and see if it has come loose in the trans,as for the whistle check all the intercooler and up pipe connections for a hole in the rubber couplers.

lmao rush blows funnyman....... i have a vdo boost gauge but thats pretty much it. i know cheby 350`s have a vacuum advance does the turbo 6? did you have any problems blocking off EGR? i can access a scan tool if need be, i just checked the egr and it holds vac.also got new gasket. still get high rmp when i spray near egr. intake manifold gasket? Mabey TPS?(high rpm when started, kill it, start again, still high rpm) ?????????

nahh all the plumbing is good on the turbo and vacuum side of the car, it was the first thing i did when i bought it to insure it didnt run lean....go figure......i already checked all of kick down cable too, i changed the trans filter when i got it..... thanks for the help

what are doing even driving it for a year without a scan tool or data logger?
your asking if its got a vacuum advance? umm no:rolleyes: