Engine building on West Coast

AlaskaGN

As the title says I am up for suggestions on who I should send my GNs motor off to. I live in Alaska and just haven't come across anyone that I really trust to build my engine:frown: so I'm looking to be shipping it off to the lower 48. Hopefully somewhere on the west coast. Thanks for your help.

Lou Czarnata (spelling?) he is turbolou here on the boards. Hes in cali. Great honest guy

I am a satisfied customer of Nick Micale's! Very good guy to deal!! Builds a great motor!

Just as a ....

suggestion, but the cost of having your engine shipped to and from, why not just see if it wold be more cost effective to purchase another built to your spec's? Some of the builders already have blocks available and you would be able to save yours for the future.:smile::confused:

Shadow that is a good point. but In the last couple of years I have saved up the $$$ and bought all of the parts for the rebuild. It was supposed to gotten rebuilt a while ago, Im sick of it setting in the garage takin apart. I havent driven my car in 3 years.:mad:.
So as far as I know I have everything for the build, Ive bought all bottom end parts through TA about 5 years ago, Roller cam,rockers, from F.T. Talking to these guys I should have everything to do it. Im guessing the shipping is only going to be a couple hundred $$$.

Thanks for your opinions fellas.:)

I'm in the Seattle area if you need something closer. All the builders listed are accomplished folks. PM me for my number.

Nick is a great choice, Ken Duttweiler did Chow's motor last year
And is doing one for our local club member Dean right now.
You can't go wrong with either.

have you checked Campbell Automotive?

I have only heard good things of them.
Located a little close to you in Edmonton, Alberta.
Maybe some of the Prairie boys will chime in.
thanks
Jim

T-MAC Performance in Troutdale, Oregon has built many GN engines for me and customers of mine over the years. From stockers to stage 2 :wink:

Terry Ryan

Check out www.Turbolou.com. Honest guy, stands behind his work all while having a good sense of humor. Bunch of guys on the board have had great luck with Lou. When I pull my motor out I'll definitely be calling Lou.

S&S Automotive in San Leandro, CA have built a couple GN engines and many LS style. I only use them.

They have done plenty more for my other GN friends and everyone has been happy. Family run business been around for 40 years+. They ship engines world wide and know their stuff.

Don't mind the mean old lady answering the phone.... ha ha ha. She doesn't do the machining ;) Rick Santos aka ex NHRA Top Fuel driver is one of the machinists including his dad and 2 brothers. Reasonable pricing, top notch work.
*note* to save the most money order the parts yourself if you are savy and then ship them to your machine shop.

Thanks for all your suggestions guys. As always you are all alot of help. Glad to see there is more than just a couple great builders out there.