Embarrassing..

BlackOut89

Alright so i was driving my 86 TR the other day and came across a 2004 super charged monte carlo and he wanted to race...first off let me give you a part list of each car

My 86 TR,
-TA49 Turbo
-3in TH down pipe
-2in half inch hooker exhaust
-42lb luca injectors
-Walbro 340 fuel pump with hot wire kit
-Turbo tweak chip
- stock 15lb boost

2004 Monte Carlo,
-Power logger
-Front manifold
-Heat wraspped cross over pipe
-U bend delete
-Open element air box
-stock pully
- really good tune

With all that said you would think i would have beat him but i lost by a fender...soo my question is..Why? i am guesing i need a good tune to get the full potential out of my car. what is the best program to tune with??

Get a Alky kit and turn up the boost , I ran a 2004 Cobra with Alky 25 psi and walked it with a 49:biggrin:

thats what everyone keeps telling me but there is a guy in the buick club that i am in with the same set up as i do except he has a torque converter and he ran 11.97 annd my car i dont think could even touch that right now...

You really did not describe the race or how it was set up. I would think that at a drag strip where you could build some boost off the line you would easily walk away from that. Think about a weak launch in a head soaked turbo car could get you a high 14 pass, and a great launch in a SC car would be mid low 14's. I doubt that MC SS is a 13 second car while your TR should be easily.

It was from a dead stop and i break tourqed and spun of the line but after we got goin he just kept pullin on me. didnt really feel like i was pullin as hard as i used to.

I could buy it if he had a smaller pulley. I just sold my impala ss with that same engine. I had the same mods that you mentioned that he had but I had a smaller pulley which shot me up to about 18 psi where as with stock pulley that engine would be hard pressed to pull 10 psi.

You prob won't see much as far as power gains with that turbo vs stock turbo at only 15#. U really need to turn the boost up to get the benefit of that larger turbo