electric fan

buickGN3:16

why does my fan continue to run even after my car is shut off? & it sounds like its running way faster than when engine is on & fan is on? i turn my key forward but not crank car & fan cuts off but as soon as i turn key back off fan comes back on? Wtf

Whats the temp when you shut it off and its running. The stock setup will run the fan after the car is shutoff to cool things down if its over 210 or something around there. The long relay on the inner fender drivers side is the fan delay relay. The green single wire on the intake manifold under throttle body off to the driver side a bit controls that turning on. But that relay is known to go bad and when it does the fan will stay on or run when its not supposed to. many disconnect it. Really not needed if your cooling system is up to par IMO

Whats the temp when you shut it off and its running. The stock setup will run the fan after the car is shutoff to cool things down if its over 210 or something around there. The long relay on the inner fender drivers side is the fan delay relay. The green single wire on the intake manifold under throttle body off to the driver side a bit controls that turning on. But that relay is known to go bad and when it does the fan will stay on or run when its not supposed to. many disconnect it. Really not needed if your cooling system is up to par IMO
temp was only 180 when i shut it down. it dosent normally do that thats why im wondering whats up. its the stock cooling system with 160deg therm. i wired it to a toggle switch anyway so i cut it off & on as needed.