EJ's 4th annual Buick Bash

Originally posted by S10xGN
Better! I traded vacation and have the whole week off (rain, rain, stay away! :mad: ). Can we bring anything? Oh, is there a carwash nearby? I'm almost positive my white truck will be black with bug guts after 120 miles of back roads!

I'm looking forward to checking out that S10.

Russ,
On 105 just prior to 336 loop there is a car wash on the left, directly across the street is a small texaco station, if you stop there you will be app. 1/8 mile from my place.
Make sure it shines,looks like we are having local news paper coverage for the first time!
Take care EJ.

Originally posted by ej howe
,looks like we are having local news paper coverage for the first time! Take care EJ.

Well that is great!!! I guess they figured they should since the fire department may show up heheheh

See Ya there

How many Buicks showed up last year? And where do they do the burnout contest? Thanks, R.B.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
Sounds like fun. Maybe we can get a CONVOY from Big D to Houston!:D

What's the latest on the DFW guys going down to Conroe for EJ's Bash? Is everyone going down and coming back same day?

I'm in. :D

Hadn't really thought about staying overnight or not???
I'm planning on leaving early Saturday morning and I believe there are a few others planning to go as well.

EJ, is there a good place to stay in Conroe Saturday night?

Hi Guys,
Just returned from BG last night so trying to catch up on things.
I will try to answer a few questions that came up while i was out of town.
Car count last year app. 40 to 50 turbo cars + maybe 10 big block cars then some brand X ers.
Burn outs are on a concrete pad on sight, water hose and fire extinguisher on hand!
Just want everyone to know this is a serious burn out contest a little smoke will not get a trophy,

David N.
My wife will check hotel .com to find the motels that are close to our place and i will post ASAP.

Directions from dallas
I-45 S. to exit 90 (teas nursery rd.) go to stop sign then turn L.
go app. 4 miles (3 traffic lights) turn L. on to 336 loop, go app. 3 miles to old 105 and make a R. turn, we are the first place on the R. ( if you pass 105, major intersection you have gone to far ) we will have red and white Buick Club signs at the intersection of old 105.
Thanks EJ.

For all of you guys planning to attand E.J. Buick Bash and you are out of town and looking for affordable lodging, go to hotels.com type Conroe, Tx - look for Days Inn Conroe, 900 I 45 South.
It's best value, about $45, however you have to book it on line to get that price.
I you need any other info, please let us know.
Zena Howe

How about we have an "Install Ross's valves springs" tech session. I'll supply the car and springs.:p

Originally posted by ej howe
For all of you guys planning to attand E.J. Buick Bash and you are out of town and looking for affordable lodging, go to hotels.com type Conroe, Tx - look for Days Inn Conroe, 900 I 45 South.
It's best value, about $45, however you have to book it on line to get that price.
I you need any other info, please let us know.
Zena Howe

Thanks Zena, just made my Rez for Saturday night.

See ya on the 5th.

E.J., Zena, Puddin and all - we had a gas! Scott and I were really impressed with the crowd and how nice everyone was. And thanks much for the trophy (my first! :D ).

Oh, and next year I want to see that trick frame with the body on it! :cool:

Thanks again!

Maybe we should do this twice a year? Or perhaps three?
Naaaah...I don't think E.J.'s nerves could handle it. :D

I had a great time with a great group of people. Now I have to sign off, so I can go rub aloe vera on my sun burn :mad:

Erik

yeah thanks again guys, it was a blast. Nice to see so many people turn out even though weather was a ? for most of the day. There were some gorgeous cars out there.

I'm glad everyone had a great time. I was a no show. I spent the better part of the day Friday putting my transmission back in the car. Got everything in and connected. I get up early Saturday morning to put fluid in and with plans to wash the car and bring it on up.
What do you know? Nice leak coming from the TV cable. Plus, when I go to put the car back in park...nope, try again. The damn shifter cable was broke.
I was so pissed at this point, I decided to just stay home. Maybe I'll see you guys at EJ's next year.